What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

No backspace?

Paris77

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Have you tried writing using the iAWriter app? It has a wonderful keyboard and is a joy to use, I even enjoy writing using it on my iPhone but on IPad it's a real pleasure! Then just copy or cut and paste into whatever you need. Why Apple can't come up with a keyboard like that I don't know

ogilley

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I second the recommendation for iAWriter. It is a far cry from the ultimate solution, but it does allow you to type what you want with a backspace and forwards space key that many of us need. The downside is, of course, having to open a separate app and do your typing there and then cut and paste (like this post), but it often is worth it.

Sent from my iPad using iPF

ogilley

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Of course, you still have to watch out for autocorrect (like "forwards" when I meant forward).

dianne137

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I as well hate having to use that spi glass thing and wait for the blue line and then fiddle to position it...by then I probably have to zoom to see the gosh darned thing.It's as irritating as having to use Granny language on the forum.By then I just delete and start again.Very annoying when you have to hunt and peck like I do.I tried to find a1writer in the App Store...no luck .

D

Deleted member 247820

Hello Diane.

Ha! The "spy glass" is a heap of fun! Not!
It is a little easier if you use a stylus.

dianne137

iPF Noob
Reaction score
thanks Peter....I've been meaning to pick one up the next time I go to the city.I thought they were for fussy folks who don't like finger smudges.

D

Deleted member 247820

Hi Diane.

The black rubber tipped stylus don't slide as well as a finger.
But you can tap more accurately.
Plus you don't need to reach as far, thus your arms don't get as tired.
I practice left handed a lot so as to even out the wear on my old joints.

ogilley

iPF Noob
Reaction score
dianne137, the app is there. It is iAWriter. You searched the wrong name. Try again.

OP
Meenie

Meenie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I noticed in the reviews that a lot of people are complaining that the latest update of iawriter changed the font to something tiny and hard to read. I wonder if this just affects iPhone users or ipad too?!

LannyC

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Easy Writer is another editor with lots of extra keys. It looks promising, but so far I haven't bothered learning how to use it. If I needed to type that much on my iPad, I'd grab the wireless keyboard that came with my iMac.

milliHelen: amount of beauty required to launch one ship.

ogilley

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The newest version of iAWriter has changed the font, but it is easily readable on the iPad. At least my old eyes can read it just fine. I really haven't tried it on my iPhone, but I suspect that is where the complaints are coming from. It is fine on my iPad?

OP
Meenie

Meenie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The newest version of iAWriter has changed the font, but it is easily readable on the iPad. At least my old eyes can read it just fine. I really haven't tried it on my iPhone, but I suspect that is where the complaints are coming from. It is fine on my iPad?

Thanks Philly I was hoping you'd say that!! :)

Most reactions