What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

No Adobe, No Windows Media, No RealPlayer Support???

epb

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Honestly, thanks for all the feedback everyone!

The most common solution is to check the App Store - do a search based on what function you're looking for and likely someone somewhere has written an app for it.

And you got off so easy - smart of you to mention it was a gift. Mentioning the lack of Flash usually gets you a solid virtual beat-down on this forum, as the bare minimum of research would tell anyone the iPad doesn't support Flash.

FunN4Lo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
For your sake, I hope your girl friend doesn't see this rant of yours about her wonderful gift. I wish I had someone like that.

If you want to use flash, at least on some sites, try this:

"http://www.ipad.net/how-to-watch-flash-video-on-your-ipad-without-an-app-hack-or-jailbreak.html" without the quotes, of course.

A quick check, shows that it works as advertized.

If the Windows Media Player is use to view video's (WMV), you can use "OPlayer HD" to view them on the iPad.

I believe this covers your complaints.

Copying and pasting The how to watch flash link did not work for me. Can you
insert the actual link?

Flinthills

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Stackman1, I'm curious which apps have become you're favorites. I'm partial to iBooks and Zinio (magazines).

Oh ya..... go Jets!

Diane B

iPF Novice
Reaction score
1991-C4 said:
I can read PDF documents just fine on my iPad.

I can read Adobe DRM books from our digital library now also through both Overdrive and Bluefire apps. That, of course, doesn't say Apple is playing nice with Adobe or vice versa. I just bypass flash sites and if they are important view them on laptop or desktop. Most aren't important enough for me to bother.

Last edited:

Spankymedic

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi to all,

Please forgive my question, but I am entirely new to iPad and Apple in general. How does one view a video without Flash? Is there an app that would allow this (entirely or partially)?

Most reactions