What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NinJump HD leaps into Free iPad Apps Top Ten

Maura

iPadForums News Team
Reaction score
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Gi5rRqzZ3M]YouTube - Ninjump Gameplay Video (updated version)[/ame]​

Backflip Studios, the company behind the likes of Paper Toss, has released an HD version of the company's hit free NinJump game, which has already stormed onto the Top 10 Free iPad Apps chart in its first week of release. Deservedly so, it would seem, as it's a really cool and addictive ninja climbing game, where your goal is to rise as high as you can on the game screen, avoiding obstacles such as killer squirrels, angry birds (!), enemy ninjas, throwing stars and exploding bombs as you go. Simply tap the screen to jump and attack, and aim to hit three of the same type of enemies to earn a bonus jump. It's incredibly simple, but you can't help wanting to play it over and over again and try and beat your best height score. It looks nice and crisp on the iPad screen too (the video featured here shows the iPhone version - the iPad version looks much better). The game has OpenFeint Leaderboard support, as well as the option to post your scores to Facebook and Twitter and challenge your friends via email. It has in-app ads, but they're fairly unobtrusive so hopefully won't spoil your ninja-jumping experience!

Source: iTunes, Backflip Studios

Last edited:

andsoitgoes

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I thought I would. I downloaded it and wasn't... I don't know, I just wasn't impressed. Maybe I need to give it a few more tries, but it just seemed frustrating to me.

But I also don't like the LOTR movies, so I'm weird that way :)

Most reactions