What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Nine news videos not playing

Darwinnt

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The video news items on nine MSN site, posted by Benjimin Judd will not play at all on my iPad.
They play fine on IMac but not iPad. What is issue here? Thanks

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Videos on YouTube can be set to not play on mobile devices, such as iPads. Maybe something similar is happening with those videos on that MSN site?

Last edited:

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
The only nine MSN site I could find was ninemsn.com.au. I went there and managed to play several videos (in Safari). A search for nineMSN in the YouTube app turned up quite a few videos, all of which played.

Can you be more specific about what videos and sites?

As a general remedy, you could try clearing History and Data in Settings > Safari. Though I give this no more than a 50/50 chance of working.

OP
D

Darwinnt

iPF Noob
Reaction score

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi there. Thank you for reply. The site I referred to was ... ninemsn Homepage - News, Sport, Finance, Lifestyle, TV, Competitions, Horoscopes, Daily Quiz.
I just tried again on today's news, and here are links to two videos that did not play from news articles:

Ugliness of nature on display as hungry wolf finds a feast
And:
BBQ overrun by disgusting mozzie plague | Pickle

Thanks again.
I just tried those two videos and some of the earlier ones and they all played on my iPad.

Last edited:

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Neither of the links played for me. From the symptoms I'd say either the video links on the pages are broken, or the host server is overloaded. Interestingly, if I clicked on the link in the text the iPad asked if I wanted to play the videos in the YouTube app. That worked fine on both videos.

image.jpeg

Guttsy911

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The first video played fine. Second gave me issues. First a ▶️ button. Press it and it gave me a second of "activity" with the "spinning circle" symbol then back to ▶️.

First I whitelisted the domain in my content blocker (then turned it completely off giving the same result). I also emptied browser data and put cookie setting to allow everything. Now the ▶️ button give a never ending "spin circle" instead, but no video.

Finally I tried logging loading the page in desktop mode and now I get a warning that my flash player is out of date. This is as far as I came...

(Off topic: Damn that wolf... Nature is brutal!)

6ce751486cfe58ed8f2b2f111d38c96b.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Most reactions

Latest posts