What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Nike CEO Hints it Could Collaborate with Apple on Fitness Wearables

RaduTyrsina

News Team
Reaction score
b01e2f33-8b0c-4451-844f-903ba1025936-460x276.jpeg

The upcoming Apple Watch is said to be released sometime in early 2015, but it seems that there could be even more surprises waiting for us. Nike CEO Mark Parker said in an interview Thursday with Bloomberg’s Stephanie Ruhle that they are partnering with Apple on things “we couldn’t do independently".

What's interesting is that Apple was the one who recently hired a pair of engineers from Nike’s FuelBand team. Apple hired Ben Shaffer, Nike’s design director for wearables, and fitness expert and key Nike FuelBand developer, Jay Blahnik.

According to the recent interview, Nike's goal is to grow the installed base from the current 25 million Nike+ users “to hundreds of millions”. You can watch the Bloomberg interview below and see how Parker discusses its continued partnership with Apple.

Nike's CEO thinks that health tracking accessories and wearable technology have a big future ahead

"I think it’s going to be a big part of the future, absolutely. I think the form it takes is critical. You can go from the very geeky kind of wearables today – we’ve all seen some of those – to what I think you’ll see in the future, things that are more stealth, more integrated, more stylish and more functional.”

Parker previously said that Nike and Apple have been working together “for a long time, and we’re excited about where that relationship will go forward”.

Previous reports suggested partnership could include a sensor-laden fitness band that controls other devices via gestures. Yes, this seems to be like the Apple Watch itself, and maybe the reports covers the Sport version of the device. We'll just have to wait and see.

Source: Bloomberg

Most reactions

Latest posts