What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Nightmare

brixtonboy

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I read on here that every now and again it's a good idea to run the battery down to zero battery recharge it.
Wow, never again it would not charge up again. Just the red sign but nothing else.
I had visions of a trip to Cologne genius centre €40 parking, Petrol time and total stress.
Finally got it to start 10 minutes ago using my iPhone 5S cable and charger it's on 2% now just hope it goes up and up.
Have a nice weekend people
K

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
It is actually not a good idea to run your iPad battery completely flat.
It's worse to leave it flat as the residual charge that's left after the iPhone shuts down will bleed away and leave the battery incapable of taking a charge.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
1) The iPad won’t actually let you run the battery flat. Don’t let the guage fool you. Fully discharging a li-ion battry will damage it, so the hardware/software has safety features that will shut down the iPad before the battery gets dangerously low. (this is true of all products that use li-ion batteries)

2) If you do run the iPad untill a forced shutdown, you must let it charge for several minutes before it will restart. This insures that the battery has sufficient charge to run the iPad for at least a few minutes before shutting down again, just in case you decide to unplug it from power.

3) Apple recommends you run the battery down below 10 to 5% then recharge to 100% once a month (or so). They say nothing about 0% or forced shutdown. (It’s to calibrate the meter, not improve battery life)

Last edited:
OP
brixtonboy

brixtonboy

iPF Novice
Reaction score
You‘re welcome.

Wish l knew that it took hours to reload after, l was thinking never doing that again. Don't care what Apple says. I was in big time stress mode

Most reactions

Latest posts