What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Nexus 7 is almsot as good as the iPad?

happy123

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
apple-zones.blogspot.com
The post apple zone-Nexus 7 is almsot as good as the iPad? I have read, and it said that Nexus 7 is almost as good as the iPad,I want to buy a tablet, which one should I choose? Nexus 7 or iPad?

MattIM

iPF Novice
Reaction score
happy123 said:
The post apple zone-Nexus 7 is almsot as good as the iPad? I have read, and it said that Nexus 7 is almost as good as the iPad,I want to buy a tablet, which one should I choose? Nexus 7 or iPad?

Hello happy123, you can buy the iPad now. The Nexus is not available until October? It is very hard to compare a real product with something that does not yet exist.

s2mikey

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Too hard to say at this point. As always with these tablets, it will be the apps that make or break it. Apple may not always have the best hardware or specs but it's hard to argue against the number of quality apps for the iPad and apples excellent customer service. The nexus will have to beat them in these areas. It's possible but will be very tough. We'll see by October.

augustya

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I don't want to sound like a Android basher here....But no Matter How much Android tries ( I mean looking at so far till now ) all their desperate attempts so far to Match the user friendly UI and the ease of use that iOS has to offer and the quality of APPS the APP Store has...At the moment it is unmatchable, Apple APP Store and he UI friendliness of using a Apple product looks invincible.

samch

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The nexus 7 is out now where you getting October from I already have mine .i love my iPad but wanted something smaller for taking out and about ,iPad better size for home use and has better apps better display , nexus for if your on a tight budget or want something that bit smaller for carrying out daily. Both good tablets , think apple needs to fill the gap in the market that nexus is going to with a iPad mini

seneca18

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The new Nexus 7 interests me greatly and I may actually pick one up. However, Android 4.1 Jelly Bean is still going to suffer from the same flaws as every other Android tablet out there. It is STILL and phone OS operating on a tablet. I have even heard that while using the tablet on the home screen you cannot even rotate it to landscape mode. Android is a fun operating system but it takes tweaks to make it fully enjoyable (for me at least). However, since selling off my higher end android phones I have not been able to use many of the apps I have purchased over the years. It will be nice to have access to those again. I will most likely opt for the 8GB model since it will not be a primary device.

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
The nexus 7 is very nice; light, snappy, feels good in your hand. Jelly bean is much better than any other version of android. But it is no iPad 3. I have several important apps that won't work on it. I'm pissed about that. There have been some screen problems and some problems with the touch screen (one has to do with the screen not being attached properly and the other has to do with the touch screen misbehaving once the device gets hot - like when playing a game). The screen is nice, but again, it is no iPad 3.

If you don't have any android apps already it maybe a good choice for you, but there are lots if things you can't do on the 7 inch screen. Depending on what you intended to use it for, this may not be much of a limitation.

Im still happy with mine. If I can get those apps working, I can be happy with this thing for my android fix.

stephen39

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I also wanted something more portable, for walking around with, than my iPad. I got an 8GB iPod Touch, and it's been great. This was before the Nexus came out, but I think I might still go for the Touch. I have to admit, howlever, I might get a Nexus too!

Most reactions

Latest posts