What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Newstand not appearing in poof (Sbsettings)?

Sonicrobby

iPF Novice
Reaction score
So I really do hate when apple adds these stock apps forcefully thinking everyone wants them when we all don't. I'd rather something like iBooks where it is optional to download. Anyway, the issue, I downloaded sbsetiings, go into the poof settings to hide apps, but newstand is not listed. Why? How can I get rid of newstand from my springboard?

Munky

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Go into cydia and install a tweak called nonewsisgoodnews that hides the newsstand.

OP
Sonicrobby

Sonicrobby

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Munky said:
Go into cydia and install a tweak called nonewsisgoodnews that hides the newsstand.

Awesome, thanks

Munky

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You're welcome! :) I personally think they should have just added a new tab to iBooks for the Newsstand function. Or at the very least gave an option in settings to turn it off. I won't be using it, as I download all magazines I read in PDF format from various sources and use Goodreader to read. (Awesome app if you haven't used it)

graywolf

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Poof is looking for a real app and to just hide its icon, newstand isn't quite a real app.
Even though after you open it, it appears in the multitasking bar.

Munky

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I didn't realize until after I did some searching that iOS treats it like a folder and not an app.

Most reactions

Latest posts