What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Newsstand Store button doesn't work

Declaration

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi, I bought my first ipad3 a couple of months ago, and I'm very impressed, but when I tried to go to the newsstand store yesterday, I found the button did not work. Has anyone else encountered this? Thanks

dchristo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
IMHO, Declaration, you're not missing a gol-darned thing. 90% of Newsstand offerings are trial versions of magazines that you can read until you get sick of being spammed with Are-You-Ready-to-Pay-Us-Yet? ads and delete the trials.

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Declaration said:
Hi, I bought my first ipad3 a couple of months ago, and I'm very impressed, but when I tried to go to the newsstand store yesterday, I found the button did not work. Has anyone else encountered this? Thanks

Have you tried opening the App Store (they are actually one and the same) so this will tell us if it's a problem with the Newsstand App or your access to the App Store

dchristo said:
IMHO, Declaration, you're not missing a gol-darned thing. 90% of Newsstand offerings are trial versions of magazines that you can read until you get sick of being spammed with Are-You-Ready-to-Pay-Us-Yet? ads and delete the trials.

Whilst you and many others don't like Newsstand, I actually do have have various free and paid subscriptions using it and i find it ideal however, whilst your opinion is noted it has nothing to do with answering the OP's question and is considered thread hijacking which is not permitted here.

The Archangel

OP
D

Declaration

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks Gabriel1, I can access the App Store, and downloaded a couple of apps, which work fine, so it appears to be just the newsstand store button that isn't functioning.

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Declaration said:
Thanks Gabriel1, I can access the App Store, and downloaded a couple of apps, which work fine, so it appears to be just the newsstand store button that isn't functioning.

Yes, that is very strange......I can't think of anything off the top of my head but I'll do a bit of searching to see if I can find anything.

Of course, all the magazines for Newsstand are available from the App Store and will download straight into your Newsstand App.

The Archangel

Most reactions