1. Due to the recent site upgrade, the iPadForums (iPF) App will no longer work. The new iPadForums.net website has been designed from the ground up to work perfectly from any mobile, tablet, or desktop computer using the built in internet browser. Create a shortcut to iPadForums.net on your home screen by following these steps: Create an icon for iPadForums.net

Newsreaders as opposed to Instapaper or Read It Later

Discussion in 'iPad Apps' started by ginopiazza49, Sep 12, 2010.

1. ginopiazza49

ginopiazza49 iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Please help me understand the difference between newsreaders (such as NewsRack, Pulse, and Times) as opposed to apps like InstaPaper or Read It Later.

• Which is more beneficial (a newsreader or, say, InstaPaper)?

• If you have a newsreader, do you necessarily need an app like InstaPaper or can you get away with having either or?

• Would it be best to have one of the newsreaders mentioned above "and" an app like InstaPaper?
    Last edited: Sep 12, 2010
  2. MaggieB

MaggieB iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I use my Google reader, or Reeder on my iPad, to gather RSS information. Once gathered I sort through it... Anything that immediately resonates as a subject I want to consider blogging about I send to my Evernote account, to the appropriate folder designated by the #hash tag assigned to the email. If an article or website looks rather interesting, but I just don't have time to fully read or investigate now, I save to my Instapaper account to read it later.

I used to just star the items in Google reader, but I found I wasn't keeping up on them. With Instapaper I can read the full articles, when I find time, and I don't even have to be online to do that!

Anyway, for me it's all about organization.
    Hope this helps.