Newsreaders as opposed to Instapaper or Read It Later

Discussion in 'iPad Apps' started by ginopiazza49, Sep 12, 2010.

1. ginopiazza49

ginopiazza49 iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Please help me understand the difference between newsreaders (such as NewsRack, Pulse, and Times) as opposed to apps like InstaPaper or Read It Later.

• Which is more beneficial (a newsreader or, say, InstaPaper)?

• If you have a newsreader, do you necessarily need an app like InstaPaper or can you get away with having either or?

• Would it be best to have one of the newsreaders mentioned above "and" an app like InstaPaper?
    Last edited: Sep 12, 2010
  2. MaggieB

MaggieB iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I use my Google reader, or Reeder on my iPad, to gather RSS information. Once gathered I sort through it... Anything that immediately resonates as a subject I want to consider blogging about I send to my Evernote account, to the appropriate folder designated by the #hash tag assigned to the email. If an article or website looks rather interesting, but I just don't have time to fully read or investigate now, I save to my Instapaper account to read it later.

I used to just star the items in Google reader, but I found I wasn't keeping up on them. With Instapaper I can read the full articles, when I find time, and I don't even have to be online to do that!

Anyway, for me it's all about organization.
    Hope this helps.