What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Newsreaders as opposed to Instapaper or Read It Later

ginopiazza49

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Please help me understand the difference between newsreaders (such as NewsRack, Pulse, and Times) as opposed to apps like InstaPaper or Read It Later.

• Which is more beneficial (a newsreader or, say, InstaPaper)?

• If you have a newsreader, do you necessarily need an app like InstaPaper or can you get away with having either or?

• Would it be best to have one of the newsreaders mentioned above "and" an app like InstaPaper?

Last edited:

MaggieB

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
appsforipads.net
I use my Google reader, or Reeder on my iPad, to gather RSS information. Once gathered I sort through it... Anything that immediately resonates as a subject I want to consider blogging about I send to my Evernote account, to the appropriate folder designated by the #hash tag assigned to the email. If an article or website looks rather interesting, but I just don't have time to fully read or investigate now, I save to my Instapaper account to read it later.

I used to just star the items in Google reader, but I found I wasn't keeping up on them. With Instapaper I can read the full articles, when I find time, and I don't even have to be online to do that!

Anyway, for me it's all about organization.
Hope this helps.

Most reactions

Latest posts