What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Newspaper not opening

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Oops. I didn't notice it required a subscription. I suppose they offer extra features (or something) to try and convince you to pay; but it you don't care about those then obviously there's no reason you'd pay for the same content as you can get on the site for free.

I did go to their site, and tried my darnedest to see if I could make it fail, the way you describe. Couldn't do it.

The symptoms sound like the site isn't completing the download of the page, or having problems displaying some of the content. You're not using any kind of ad blocking or kid protection software, are you?

OP
B

Bubblygirl

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Oops. I didn't notice it required a subscription. I suppose they offer extra features (or something) to try and convince you to pay; but it you don't care about those then obviously there's no reason you'd pay for the same content as you can get on the site for free.

I did go to their site, and tried my darnedest to see if I could make it fail, the way you describe. Couldn't do it.

The symptoms sound like the site isn't completing the download of the page, or having problems displaying some of the content. You're not using any kind of ad blocking or kid protection software, are you?

OP
B

Bubblygirl

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Hi Twerppoet
No I'm not using any Adblock or kid protection that I'm aware of. I've only had the iPad since Thursday and haven't installed anything like that. Other newspapers I use are opening ok.....as a matter of fact everything is ok apart from that one paper. Strange eh? There must be an answer.
Regards
Bubblygirl

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Yes. Very strange. Normally I would expect clearing Data and History in Safari's setting to clear an oddity like that, but you said you already gave that a try.

OP
B

Bubblygirl

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just to update you on the situation. I recently updated the software to 8.3. I don't do this immediately in case there are any problems. I am happy to say that I can now download the newspaper.....so problem solved :) Thanks to everyone who tried to help me. X

Most reactions