News readers from the Apple Store very limited compared to the Google Play Store.

Discussion in 'iPad General Discussions' started by ipadder474, Nov 1, 2012.

1. ipadder474

ipadder474
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    I noticed I can find a lot more choices for news readers from the Google Store then at the Apple Store. If more people take notice and do what they can to let the higher ups at Apple, to understand people want more choices from the Apple store.

2. Kaykaykay

Kaykaykay
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Wizard

Thanks Received:
    I've not been bothered by the selection. What's on Android that's good and not available on Apple?

3. ipadder474

ipadder474
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    #3 ipadder474, Nov 1, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 1, 2012
  4. Kaykaykay

Kaykaykay
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Wizard

Thanks Received:
    I just loaded it from the Google Play store but haven't played with it yet. How do you use it? Is it for sort of bookmarking a bunch of newspapers, or for filtering articles?

5. AQ_OC

AQ_OC
    Expand Collapse
    Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Frankly, Apple is not going to develop this kind of app, they will let third-party developers do this.

6. Kaykaykay

Kaykaykay
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Wizard

Thanks Received:
    I just tried playing with it, but don't find it especially useful. Looks like it lets you essentially bookmark a bunch of news sites, but the interface isn't especially good. I guess it'd be good if you just want to scroll lists of publications that you're not familiar with, just to expose yourself to more choices? But maybe you've got a more useful way of using it than I've found. I'm deleting it because I'd rather just use my regular news bookmarks. No need for an app for me.

7. ipadder474

ipadder474
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    You downloaded it to your iPad?

8. Kaykaykay

Kaykaykay
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Wizard

Thanks Received:
    Agreed. The best approach is probably to contact the developer and lobby for them to make an iOS version if you like an app. The Apple process seems more drawn out and costly, though, so it probably turns off some developers.

9. Kaykaykay

Kaykaykay
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Wizard

Thanks Received:
    No, lol. I have a Samsung Galaxy Note.

10. ipadder474

ipadder474
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    Same here Galaxy 10.1 note I did not think it could be loaded on an iPad. I am reading what others are posting about this news reader, and I don't think we are all using the same reader. The Global News Reader is a large comprehensive news reader covering many Countries and States with their Cities. A very powerful App. Maybe if apple thought they could make a buck they would also provide it. Since I can read it on my Android tablets it's a non issue for me. I would just like to see the iPad users get a break and have a much more useful tablet.