What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Newcomer to Apple Brand

Mishybear

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I appreciate being allowed to join the Apple iPad Mini forum.

As requested a bit about myself! I have been interested in computers etc., for many years now and currently own an Android
Tablet, iPad mini, iPhone, Sony e-reader and Kindle - as you can see I am pretty addicted!!

As I am 78 I believe quite strongly that involving myself in all of the above is helping to keep my brain working.

To be perfectly honest I have resisted the push towards the Apple brand for a long time but having been dissatisfied with
several different mobile phones, I decided to go for an iPhone. To say the least I am very happy with it - this in turn made me decide
to splash out on an iPad mini while I was recently in Hong Kong on holiday - I have not been disappointed!

Cheers, Mishybear.

The OB

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I appreciate being allowed to join the Apple iPad Mini forum.

As requested a bit about myself! I have been interested in computers etc., for many years now and currently own an Android
Tablet, iPad mini, iPhone, Sony e-reader and Kindle - as you can see I am pretty addicted!!

As I am 78 I believe quite strongly that involving myself in all of the above is helping to keep my brain working.

To be perfectly honest I have resisted the push towards the Apple brand for a long time but having been dissatisfied with
several different mobile phones, I decided to go for an iPhone. To say the least I am very happy with it - this in turn made me decide
to splash out on an iPad mini while I was recently in Hong Kong on holiday - I have not been disappointed!

Cheers, Mishybear.

Welcome to our forum, mate! You will find this a good forum to satisfy an obviously enquiring and tech-interested mind. Lots of very knowledgeable people here to assist should you come across a problem. (the iPad to start in can at times feel different, but once you get into the swing of things, quite satisfying and fun to use) And don't hesitate to churn out your own posts. That's what this forum is all about. I'm from Adelaide myself.
Regards, Andrew

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

OP
M

Mishybear

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thank you Andrew for your nice welcome. Actually, I am a female - not your fault, I know it is not that usual!!!
My son-in-law calls me his "nerdy" mother-in-law!! BTW, I love Adelaide!

Cheers, Mishybear.

The OB

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Thank you Andrew for your nice welcome. Actually, I am a female - not your fault, I know it is not that usual!!!
My son-in-law calls me his "nerdy" mother-in-law!! BTW, I love Adelaide!

Cheers, Mishybear.

Hey, no problem mate! (Gosh, I did it again LOL. Our great Oz failing, we're always calling everyone mate) Actually we have a large number of ladies on our forum making real positive contributions including a number of very knowledgeable and helpful senior staff that you will come across in helpful posts. "Nerdy?" What do the young know!
Cheers, Andrew

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Most reactions