What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Newbies questions

Bobniborg

iPF Noob
Reaction score
So my school got mr an iPad (I teach) and I understand that I am going to suffer from a learning curve. I read through the first three pages but I bet there is a lot of newbie stuff I missed. I think my main issue is I'm a long time pc guy and I just learned android stuff a few months ago. Now the iPad falls into my lap and I'm lost. I can do the basics (I would say my computer skills are above average in general) but I'm constantly frustrated by little things.
The flash issue is a given. A few other issues I was fighting with turned out to be server filter issues. But I still have little things here and there.

I was about to update to iTunes 10.1 but what are these issues with losing stuff? Most of my pics and videos and music are on a separate hd.

Also, I have 2 large avi files that I can't get onto the iPad. Do I have to go through iTunes with them?

Lastly, I have a friend that will do the jailbreak and run me through some of that stuff but I can't do that for 2 weeks because of a workshop. So I realize I am temporarily stuck on some issues.

chowdown

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I was about to update to iTunes 10.1 but what are these issues with losing stuff? Most of my pics and videos and music are on a separate hd.
I don't know about any losing stuff issues, but if your stuff is backed up - and it sounds like it is - then no worries.
------------------------------------------
Lastly, I have a friend that will do the jailbreak
Why do you want to jailbreak?

DaveSt

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just make sure you manually manage your media rather than "syncing" with Itunes and you should be fine when it comes to losing things. There are also some very good third party media managers that will work in place of itunes if you prefer.

As far as the avi files go, the iPad isn't going to play those with the native video player. You can look for a different video player app or convert the avi files to something the iPad will play (mp4).

Most reactions

Latest posts