1. Due to the recent site upgrade, the iPadForums (iPF) App will no longer work. The new iPadForums.net website has been designed from the ground up to work perfectly from any mobile, tablet, or desktop computer using the built in internet browser. Create a shortcut to iPadForums.net on your home screen by following these steps: Create an icon for iPadForums.net

Newbie with IPad2 - Note taking?

Discussion in 'iPad General Discussions' started by jgb2475, Feb 25, 2012.

1. jgb2475

jgb2475 iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I'm really enjoying the IPad 2 and of course want to get the most out of it. One thing I'm looking for is to use it in meetings where I can take notes. Any suggestions?
  2. giradman

giradman iPad Guru

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +755 / 0
    Hello and welcome to the forum! :)

Well, the iPad 2 comes w/ a 'Notes' app that can be used for that purpose or a 'word processing' program can be added, such as Pages (which simulates Microsoft Word but of course w/ much less power and fewer features) - if you plan to take a LOT of notes quickly, then the on-screen keyboard will likely be frustrating - so another option is to obtain a BT (Bluetooth) keyboard; I use Apple's version which works well for me, but many choices are available - good luck!
  3. jgb2475

jgb2475 iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Thank you. I did download Pages and think it is great. I have also used Notes. I was actually looking for an app where I could take notes using my finger to write or a stylus pen. Any suggestions?
  4. giradman

giradman iPad Guru

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +755 / 0
    OK - that was not stated in your OP - sorry. You might want to take a look at Penultimate HERE; just a $1 purchase from the App Store - have the program on my iPad; not easy to make really small letters w/ your finger so a good stylus would likely be helpful - good luck! :)

Addendum: Please take a look at THIS NEW THREAD - just noticed the post while browsing the 'Active Topics' - might be a consideration also for you (a $5 purchase from the App Store).
    Last edited: Feb 25, 2012
  5. jgb2475

jgb2475 iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Yes, i apologize for not clarifying. I do appreciate all your help and will download the app. Thanks again and I will definitely continue to use this forum. Take care.