What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Newbie with email problems.

beth53

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Have had IPAD since Christmas, but seem to have a problem receiving emails through my ISP. I.m getting the emails on Outlook in my PC, but they are not being received by the IPAD. What should I check.:confused:

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Sometimes, deleting and re-adding the account will get things working again.

What type of account is it?
Is the iPad Wi-Fi and on your home network?

Not all ISP's mail servers play nicely with mobile devices.

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Good to hear from you. You’ll find a whole bunch of iPad enthusiasts in this Forum who are only too willing to help other iPad owners and to hear of their experiences. Don’t be afraid to post any questions you may have or use the ‘Search’ button near the top of the Forum web page. I usually find I discover one new interesting and useful piece of information about my iPad every day - and often not even what I was looking for!!

Hope to hear from you soon with your thoughts about the iPad.

Have fun and enjoy your iPad

If you don’t already have it you can download a copy of the iPad manual for free.

Apple - Support - Manuals

Please read the rules too!!

http://www.ipadforums.net/forum-rules-help-info/2119-forum-rules-everybody-please-read.html

Tim
Scotland

txteevee

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.filmandmediaent.com
I have had my iPad for a week and too have outlook issues. I would suggest you check and see if the emails are being deleted from the server after you download them to your computer. You can do this by going to the Tools menu, then Account Settings, click on the account and click Change. Go to the Advanced tab and see if "Leave a copy of messages on the server" is checked. If not, the messages will never show up on the iPad if downloaded first on your computer.

You like me want to have emails in outlook on a computer and in sync with iPad. I downloaded PSTmail app and want to use it. My pst file is 8gb so I need to reduce my mailbox size so I can try it out. I tried outlook reflex app. It worked to keep everything in sync ONLY if your computer is on all the time. That sucks because I always turn my laptop off when I am not using it.

Hope I've typed something that helps. One noob to another!

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
POP mail accounts can be difficult to manage on multiple devices and computers.

If you have the option with your provider set all your clients up as IMAP. This way the mail stays on the server, and any actions you take are immediately reflected on the server. Then when you make mail changes on the computer, you can pick up the iPad and see the same changes (almost) immediately.

txteevee

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.filmandmediaent.com
twerppoet said:
POP mail accounts can be difficult to manage on multiple devices and computers.

If you have the option with your provider set all your clients up as IMAP. This way the mail stays on the server, and any actions you take are immediately reflected on the server. Then when you make mail changes on the computer, you can pick up the iPad and see the same changes (almost) immediately.

Thx! I will look into that.

amishboy51

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have a problem similar to the OP (which I'm not sure she responded was ever solved?).

I've had my iPad since June, and I was able to receive all email messages from my desktop, using Outlook, without problem, until a week ago. Now, after receiving email without problem for almost 5 months on my iPad, which is connected via WiFi on my home network, either I don't receive email on my iPad or only a few messages that I receive on my desktop also appear on my iPad.

Did I misunderstand that "IMAP" simply "duplicates" on your iPad what's been done on my desktop, e.g., if I delete the message on my desktop it's simultaneously deleted from my iPad, or does IMAP cause email messages to simultaneously appear on both the desktop and iPad?

Most reactions

Latest posts