What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NEWBIE with challenges,,.#$@???

URHuckleberry

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello,

Self employed field service technician who just replaced broken PC with a Mac desktop for home and an iPad that I REALLY hope can make work for my field service reports.

Previously was using an Excel spreadsheet on PC for data entry, minimal calculations. (Sum a few cells for number total). Had a master copy that I would fill in for each call and just save with new concurrent number. After report was filled in, I would plug in via USB a Topaz signature pad and I and my customer would sign document.

Currently have designed a report in numbers and emailed to myself, opened on my iPad and used numbers to open with.

First the report does not open on iPad as it opens on desktop. Any idea why? It does not import with the cells merged and it resets borders and cells cutting off the left end of report.

Second is i have purchased two apps thus far, "sign my pad" and "iAnnotate PDF" and am unable to figure how to open to sign. A "secure" signature is not necessity, just a signature on the completed report will do. I have a iPad that is wifi, no 3G so email and those options are not available as my customers will not have wifi access.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

R

IpadOne

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello,

Self employed field service technician who just replaced broken PC with a Mac desktop for home and an iPad that I REALLY hope can make work for my field service reports.

Previously was using an Excel spreadsheet on PC for data entry, minimal calculations. (Sum a few cells for number total). Had a master copy that I would fill in for each call and just save with new concurrent number. After report was filled in, I would plug in via USB a Topaz signature pad and I and my customer would sign document.

Currently have designed a report in numbers and emailed to myself, opened on my iPad and used numbers to open with.

First the report does not open on iPad as it opens on desktop. Any idea why? It does not import with the cells merged and it resets borders and cells cutting off the left end of report.

Second is i have purchased two apps thus far, "sign my pad" and "iAnnotate PDF" and am unable to figure how to open to sign. A "secure" signature is not necessity, just a signature on the completed report will do. I have a iPad that is wifi, no 3G so email and those options are not available as my customers will not have wifi access.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

R

Hi first of all welcome here, yet i use a lot of excel and word file from my mac and open in my Ipad but i don’t get problem when i experience with file i receive (Excel or Word) i use Office2 HD and this app solve my problem.

The compatibility of M$ file in Apple is a well know problem but have many turn around … for almost 2 weeks now i use Microsoft office 2011 in my Mac and seem’s they have improve this problem a lot … is well know m$ don’t made any effort for give to the mac user a good user experience …but seem’s the things are in the way to change ...

Most reactions

Latest posts