Newbie with an app download problem

Discussion in 'iPad Apps' started by Kucheran, Dec 6, 2011.

1. Kucheran

Kucheran iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hello:
    I've had my iPad for a year now and have never encountered problems until now. It runs something like this; I buy an App from the App store, log in with the correct password. An icon appears on my desktop, Thedownload begins and within 10 seconds or so, simply vanishes. When I return to the App Store, it is still there as if I hadn't bought it at all. I've tried 'cold' shutdowns (many times) and still no joy. Does anyone have a suggestion?
  2. SweetPoison

SweetPoison iPad Legend

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +134 / 0
    Did you try the hard reset?

Hold the power button and the home button down until you see the Apple logo? Approx 10 seconds. Let it reboot.
  3. Kucheran

Kucheran iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Thanks Everyone:

I had tried the hard restart before with no success, but on your advice I tried it again . . . twice. And guess what? Still no change (what's that old adage about the definition of insanity being the person who does exactly the same thing and expects a different outcome???)

Throughout all of this I've been in hospital, where I can't get a WiFi, so I've been relying on 3G; I think now that maybe that's the problem, or at least part of the problem.

Thanks again, your assistance is much appreciated.

Bo