What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Newbie... with a sick Ipad 2

gottarace

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi all...:D
Like most others that have signed up I have an issue with my sons ipad 2.
The home button works part of the time now. Wasn't an issue till after the life proof was installed.
The main issue is: It crashes to the HOME screen, and is closings apps. It also swipes itself to the keyboard the opens the open "open" apps like swiping up on desktop.:eek:
Has been restored and then set up as NEW. still the same issue:mad:..
Thank all for the help in advance...
Todd

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi Todd--

Welcome to to forum! Sorry to hear your son's iPad is acting up! Can you tell us if he has updated his iPad to the most recent version operating system (OS)? The most current iOS is 6.1.3.

Also--have you tried to remove the life proof and see if that helps?

Also, has your son done the usual fixes like closing out all the apps? It's important to do this to free up some of the RAM. To close out apps:

Force the app to close down*by pushing the home button twice or by doing a 4-finger swipe to bring up your multi-task bar. This will show all the apps that you have visited. Press the app, until it begins to shake. Close out the apps by pressing the red circle in each app. It will only quit the app and not delete. Than try to re-open the app and test out.

Let us know the additional so we can help you further.

Ski ~ iPadforums Moderator | iPhoneForums Moderator

OP
G

gottarace

iPF Noob
Reaction score
the case has been removed, I think the home buttom is damaged now. have calibrated it and it works 50% of the time. has the latest software loaded. The biggest issue is you turn it on. open say notes. opens then closes to home. then swipes itself to the keyboard, then swipes,
up to show multi tasking bar ALL WITHOUT touching the pad??? Is really a pain.. any app does this standard and add on.
Any ideas?

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
the case has been removed, I think the home buttom is damaged now. have calibrated it and it works 50% of the time. has the latest software loaded. The biggest issue is you turn it on. open say notes. opens then closes to home. then swipes itself to the keyboard, then swipes,
up to show multi tasking bar ALL WITHOUT touching the pad??? Is really a pain.. any app does this standard and add on.
Any ideas?

I have no experience with lifeproof cases, since I do not own one.

However-if your home button is faulty, try the virtual home button.

Go to iPad settings/ accessibility/assistive touch/ turn on.

That way-you don't have to use your home button. In the meantime, have you brought it to Apple for them to check it out?

Also-what version iOS is he running??

OP
G

gottarace

iPF Noob
Reaction score
no, haven"t taken to Apple, out of warranty and closest store is an hour and half away.
also when it hits the power button the camera takes a screen shot???
He is using the virtual button now.
running the latest software as of yesterday. 6 something

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
no, haven"t taken to Apple, out of warranty and closest store is an hour and half away.
also when it hits the power button the camera takes a screen shot???
He is using the virtual button now.

What version iOS is he running?

OP
G

gottarace

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks Bro....
Anybody else seen this before?
Thank you...

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hey Todd--just deleted your secondary post on this matter. Posting duplicates isn't allowed, just makes it more difficult to follow the thread for anyone reading and willing to help when there's multiple threads of the same present.

I am going to move this to the Help section for better attention!

Thanks,

Ski ~ iPadforums Moderator | iPhoneForums Moderator

Most reactions

Latest posts