What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

newbie will a little attitude

ipfuser56

iPF Noob
Reaction score
New to Ipad. In fact we're new to Mac and Apple. We're in the market for 2 new Ipads — for myself and my wife. Sure would like to see the new Ipad 3 by the jan or feb 2012. Sorry to all that bought the Ipad 2, but from what I've read it wasn't the greatest improvement. If Ipad 3 isn't much better, I think we'll be looking at android.
Just sayin!

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score
New to Ipad. In fact we're new to Mac and Apple. We're in the market for 2 new Ipads — for myself and my wife. Sure would like to see the new Ipad 3 by the jan or feb 2012. Sorry to all that bought the Ipad 2, but from what I've read it wasn't the greatest improvement. If Ipad 3 isn't much better, I think we'll be looking at android.
Just sayin!

Welcome!

So do you have the ipad2 or not? I am not sure where you read that the ipad2 was not all that ~ simply not true.

And of course iPad3 will be better and more cool ~ or why bother?

Reaction score
Just sayin!
welcome to the forum.
I'm not following your post.
It sounds like you haven't bought or even touched an iPad yet but are already finding fault? If double RAM and a faster chip aren't an improvement ok. I'll give you the camera is nothing to write home about.
I'm no Apple fanboy at all but my suggestion would actually try one out, not just read probably slanted information, before finding fault and deciding not to get one. I've got an ipad1 and am quite content with it. I'm an Android fanboy but also a realist. The iPad is very good at what it does and I've pushed mine to limits the other iPad owners I know are very surprised it can do by being an Android fanboy who isn't satisfied with just average.
The iPad is a very nice machine that can almost replace your desktop/laptop and Splashtop app allows me to manipulate my desktop, send the heavy work to Dropbox or email it to its destination from the desktop using my iPad.
Again welcome to the forum, enjoy your stay.

Support Our Troops!
This post was Tapatalk approved
Sent from wherever I'm at right now via my Apple tablet

mikeos

iPF Noob
Reaction score
once you switch to apple you will wonder why you ever used a pc.
nobody really needs an iPad, but they are such a nice tool to own.
I use mine every day.
browsing the web is like reading a newspaper.
it does everything you could possibly need, whilst being sleek and stylish.
if you can afford one, get one.

Lenc

iPF Noob
Reaction score
mikeos said:
I use mine every day.

I agree

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Shrug. I don't care whether the OP buys Apple, Android or whatever. Steve Jobs might be interested in selling you stuff; I'm not.

I like my iPad 1 and 2, my Windows netbooks and laptop. As long as stuff works for me, that's what matters to me.

sjleworthy

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
www.sjleworthy.com
I use mine every day.

I certainly agree about your sentiments about the Apple devices. It's a luxury and a want. Pure and simple. A gadget to make you happy and to smile. And it full fills this criteria perfectly.

But Apple or a pc? That's another argument. I'm a pc/windows user of over 25 years, switched (or joined) to Macs 5 years or so to compliment my work. Blimmin hate them. Beautifully build and the hardware is superb, but software? No thank you. Hate it. Much prefer Windows. So I now got perfect solution - mac hardware using windows through bootcamp.

ian russell

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Kaykaykay said:
I like my iPad 1 and 2, my Windows netbooks and laptop. As long as stuff works for me, that's what matters to me.

Exactly. You can't argue with that.

sjleworthy said:
I certainly agree about your sentiments about the Apple devices. It's a luxury and a want. Pure and simple. A gadget to make you happy and to smile. And it full fills this criteria perfectly.

But Apple or a pc? That's another argument. I'm a pc/windows user of over 25 years, switched (or joined) to Macs 5 years or so to compliment my work. Blimmin hate them. Beautifully build and the hardware is superb, but software? No thank you. Hate it. Much prefer Windows. So I now got perfect solution - mac hardware using windows through bootcamp.

I often hear that Apples are better than PCs. Without exception, this come from individuals. I first came across macs in the workplace when they were all black and white screens - well, greenish - and the firm that had them was a bit posey. Within two years they'd gone completely around and bought in PCs. I'm freelance, been around a bit, and all the companies I've worked for have used PCs so you wonder in what way Apples are better and why corporations haven't caught on?

I've no idea how Macs work thesedays but if the iPad2 is anything to go by I'm not concerned with missing much. It's flaky but I only bought it for fun so I've only got myself to blame. It's slowly building into a love-hate relationship. Sometimes I think it's ingenious, sometimes I think it's been nailed together by fanatical extremist disciples of Heath-Robinson. You pay a shedload of wonga for the pad and peanuts for the apps - something back to front there, methinks. But I'm loving it.

Sent from my iPad using iPF

HedgeHogLuvva

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Two extremes...

With Apple, your limited with what you can do, but the trade off is that it just works without hassle

With Windows, it is fully customisable, but you have to deal with drivers, viruses, bsod etc

Now with Lemons, it just works and is fully customisable...... :D

OP
I

ipfuser56

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Wait for Ipad 3

Don't misunderstand me, Ipad2 is a great device. I want one. My complaint is that it could be whole lot better without new great technological advances — Apple already has the ability. To wait for Ipad 2 to install a camera, then find they put in second grade quality so the next generation, Ipad 3, can boast great improvement is . . . . . hogwash. Ipad 2 is slimmer, faster, HDMI capable and several other speed bump improvements but that's about it. They could have put in quality camera system, retina display, better sound recorder and made it more untethered, say, with a card reader, rather than feed a gotta-have frenzie and rake in multi-millions of upgrading-fools dollars with highly marketed, petty upgrades. It's seems a little like buying a car, only to find out the next generation has wheels, and the next has a steering wheel. At least if they had put in retina display, when they talk of potentially using Super Amoled dislay in their next generation, we could have had something to research.
So, my bitch is that I'm a little pissed at Apples psychotactical marketing approach and I think it might be wise to wait and see if they are going to make an improvement more equal to the impact of their orginal creation, the Ipad.

sjleworthy

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
www.sjleworthy.com
All due respect, but what you are complaining about is rubbish.
This is the whole point of version 2, 3, 4, 5 etc etc. See where I'm going?

The physical and software jump between 1 and 2 really is a big improvement. Not the best, but pretty big and noticeable.
Ok, the camera is pretty poor, and it might not have retina display, but heck, this is what version 3 will address, and then, when version 3 is released there'll be a whole load of people like yourself complaining there wasn't enough done and you'll have to wait until iPad 4. Then the same until iPad 5, 6, 7 and 8 etc etc etc.

You see? Have a bit of patience and if you don't like then don't buy. Not all features suit all people. And Apple certainly won't cram every top of the range item into the one device. For me for instance, the camera is only for skype, which it's great for. I don't want a high res camera or retina display.

And about retina display - it's a faff in reality for larger screens. For anything over 1024 I really don't think it's needed. What the iPad needs (or would be good) is a higher res display. Not a double res display. What a waste. Not needed at all.

HedgeHogLuvva

iPF Noob
Reaction score
sjleworthy said:
All due respect, but what you are complaining about is rubbish.
This is the whole point of version 2, 3, 4, 5 etc etc. See where I'm going?

The physical and software jump between 1 and 2 really is a big improvement. Not the best, but pretty big and noticeable.
Ok, the camera is pretty poor, and it might not have retina display, but heck, this is what version 3 will address, and then, when version 3 is released there'll be a whole load of people like yourself complaining there wasn't enough done and you'll have to wait until iPad 4. Then the same until iPad 5, 6, 7 and 8 etc etc etc.

You see? Have a bit of patience and if you don't like then don't buy. Not all features suit all people. And Apple certainly won't cram every top of the range item into the one device. For me for instance, the camera is only for skype, which it's great for. I don't want a high res camera or retina display.

And about retina display - it's a faff in reality for larger screens. For anything over 1024 I really don't think it's needed. What the iPad needs (or would be good) is a higher res display. Not a double res display. What a waste. Not needed at all.

Agreed, heck, i haven't used the front or rear camera at all

The camera on the ipad isn't there to take top quality pictures, if they had put a top quality camera in the ipad, it would be much more expensive than it is now

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The camera on the ipad isn't there to take top quality pictures, if they had put a top quality camera in the ipad, it would be much more expensive than it is now

Exactly! I know no one who bought that iPad just for the camera.

I played with the iPad2 one weekend, and it takes pretty decent pictures outside. I was surprised what with all the complaints and all ~

Most reactions