What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Newbie who also just got a cracked iPad screen

Hwee

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I got my iPad from my Gf in august and yesterday as I was strolling along, the iPad slipped out of my arms. To my horror, the iPad landed on the left bottom corner where it was not covered by my leather iPad cover. And branches of cracks sprawled across the screen from that corner. My heart sank.

This morning i Went to my local apple custom service center and the fella there told me apple does not do repairs and that I would have to pay more than half of what I paid for the iPad, to get a replacement set. I called the toll-free support number hoping to explain that it's not intentional and that it's apple who created a fragile product which I shouldn't paying to repair or replace. But to no avail. She still told me to pay to get a replacement.

I've viewed some threads from previous posts stating that some of them got free replacement for cracked iPad screen due to dropping of their iPad. Why I cannot get also? :(

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Members in Singapore have found that the Apple Stores there are not as willing to provide replacement iPads as those in Europe and the USA. I'm not sure why, but most Members have had to be persistent and to try other Apple Stores. You'll find several posts in the Forum from Members who live in Singapore who were eventually successful at getting a replacement. I'd PM them and see if they have any 'tips' they can offer you. But, remember, the replacement is not a right; it's an entirely unofficial and unacknowledged Apple once-in-a-lifetime, we'll deny it if you ask us, policy. So you need to tread very carefully; be polite, humble but persistent. Mention, nicely, that you're posting your experience in iPad Forum.....

Tim

Most reactions