What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

newbie to this forum

smilam

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi, I'm new to this forum. I am a mature (68) lady with reasonable intelligence. I've had my ipad 4 for a few months. I had the ipad 2 for awhile and decided to get the new one. I just love it, but lately it has been going to a white page that says my server can't open the page I'm looking for. Can someone please tell me which direction I should look to find out what's what. Thanks in advance!

runningbear29

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi, I'm new to this forum. I am a mature (68) lady with reasonable intelligence. I've had my ipad 4 for a few months. I had the ipad 2 for awhile and decided to get the new one. I just love it, but lately it has been going to a white page that says my server can't open the page I'm looking for. Can someone please tell me which direction I should look to find out what's what. Thanks in advance!

There are many browsers besides Safari you can try, Google Chrome is one icab mobil another also Mercury. I would install them and see if the pages will open using them.

buerkletucson

iPF Novice
Reaction score

Suspect network or router issue......any other WiFi devices on your network show the same issues?

zstairlessone

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Do you have the little icon at the top left for wifi?

If not it is a network issue

Attachments

• image-1535401905.jpg
    image-1535401905.jpg
    3.7 KB · Views: 252
OP
smilam

smilam

iPF Noob
Reaction score
zstairlessone said:
Do you have the little icon at the top left for wifi?

If not it is a network issue

Yes, the wifi icon is there. I'll keep checking. Thanks

OP
smilam

smilam

iPF Noob
Reaction score
buerkletucson said:
Suspect network or router issue......any other WiFi devices on your network show the same issues?

I have no other devices on the wifi...It must be the network. So do I change browsers or what? What is the server it talks about?

runningbear29

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have no other devices on the wifi...It must be the network. So do I change browsers or what? What is the server it talks about?

Using your iPad go to the Apple store icon, open it and type in on it's search at top right of screen "Browsers" You will see iPad browsers load on to the screen. Pick one install it and try using it.

zstairlessone

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Not knowing what type connection you have these may seem silly, but...

You should have a wireless router - it may be integrated with your cable or dsl modem - if it is one unit then unplug it and wait for one minute then plug it back in, once it is back up turn off wifi on your iPad and turn it back on (no waiting required). Once it is connected ( may take a minute or two) see if you have data on the web pages.

If you have two units (one having a network cable going to the other) disconnect the network cable from either end, unplug both and first plug the one with a connection to the wall - wait for about 1-2 minutes then reconnect the network cable and plug the other one in. After about a minute cycle your wifi on the iPad, wait a minute or two for connection to fully restore then check web pages.

The OB

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score

Hi smilam, I suspect you recently upgraded to iOS 6.1. Anyway, try this:
Settings>General>Reset>Reset Network Settings.
Regards, Andrew

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Most reactions

Latest posts