What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Newbie to ipad and apps

voodookills31

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi all from Germany (stationed here). I'm new to iPad and the whole apps concept and I had a few questions.

1. What are some of the best apps for the iPad?

2. What does jailbreak mean and what are the benefits?

Thanks in advance

iPadCharlie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Greetings and welcome to the forum!

To answer your questions --

1. What are some of the best apps for the iPad?
You will no doubt get lots of suggestions which may or may not apply to you! Without knowing anything about you (other than being in the military I presume), it is almost impossible to give you an good answer to this question. Help us help you by sharing some information with us.

2. What does jailbreak mean and what are the benefits?
Start here -- http://www.ipadforums.net/ipad-hacking/2838-jailbreak-explained.html

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
There are good threads on the App Store section of the forum but may be worth going to the actual App Store, if you go onto the featured tab there are links for starters building up their apps for the first time.

The Archangel

Hdchiky

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Welcome to the site Voodookills31!
1) best apps - depends on what you are interested in, find the app and read over the reviews really well before buying (a good indicator)
2)jailbreak - doing things with your iPad Apple would rather you didn't (my opinion)

Chiky

Most reactions