What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Newbie query about notes in Keynote

willjm

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've just joined this forum because I'm preparing a presentation in Keynote on my iMac and want to deliver it on an iPad which I'm thinking of buying. However my daughter has an iPad and says you can't use notes on it. A 2010 report says the iPad version of Keynotes alters layout, fonts and screws other things up and notes are not possible.

A search of this forum found one report that says notes are possible, so does this deficiency depend on which iPad and version of Keynotes you have?

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I've just joined this forum because I'm preparing a presentation in Keynote on my iMac and want to deliver it on an iPad which I'm thinking of buying. However my daughter has an iPad and says you can't use notes on it. A 2010 report says the iPad version of Keynotes alters layout, fonts and screws other things up and notes are not possible.

A search of this forum found one report that says notes are possible, so does this deficiency depend on which iPad and version of Keynotes you have?

Hi, willjm! Welcome to iPF!

This is how it should work: http://support.apple.com/kb/PH3490
As you may see, this was published 10 months ago, so iPad 2 - 4 will certainly use that feature.

Last edited:
OP
W

willjm

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Many thanks J.A. I will try this!

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Hi Willjm - welcome to the forum! :)

Johanna's link discusses the use of 'presenter notes' w/i the iPad app; your other question concerns adding these notes to Keynote on your iMac, putting the file on your iPad, and then asking whether the notes will be present to use on the latter device?

So, I brought a PowerPoint presentation into Keynote (KN) on my MacBook Pro - added some short 'presenter notes' to three slides, saved and copied the file to my iPad - opened in the KN app - three pics below, first shows one of the slides & second the Tools option opened; tapped on 'presenter notes' which were opened and saved (last pic) - SO, seems to answer your question - good luck! Dave

photo 1.PNGphoto 2.PNGphoto 3.PNG

Most reactions

Latest posts