What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Newbie - not yet iPad owner!

nessva

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I'm not yet an iPad owner, but I've joined up here in the hopes of finding some advice to help me make a decision about an iPad for business/work functions over a MacBook Air.

But in general, I'm never sure what to say in these intro posts! I'm from Australia, I have a dog (who is being very quiet right now) and a husband (who is making a lot of noise right now)!

Vanessa

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Definitely the iPad....it will change your life - I use it for 90% of what I used to do on my laptop - which is feeling very lonely now....:(

Tim

OP
N

nessva

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm basically looking at running a business, it won't be more than part time, doing editing (and those kinds of bits & pieces) for uni students' essays, or small businesses for funding submissions.

I do have a 15" MB Pro which is my "desktop", I'm just looking for something that I can cart with me on my commute to my day job to get some work done. Hence iPad vs MB Air.

I've just been flicking through the forums here and it does look like most of what I will need to do can be done on an iPad, it's just a case of getting the right apps and generally being set up with a good workflow.

I'll keep searching the forums, it sounds like I'll find the apps I want with no trouble at all. :)

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If it's for editing then I would think you may be better off with the Air as the iPad apps for office are good but not perfect......but if you can afford both then go for it, they are both beautiful machines.

The Archangel

OP
N

nessva

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Definitely the iPad....it will change your life - I use it for 90% of what I used to do on my laptop - which is feeling very lonely now....:(

Tim

That's why I'm leaning toward iPad before the Air. Especially since I have a full laptop at home so I still have "proper" word processors for when I need them.

Most reactions

Latest posts