What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Newbie needs help adding books to Ipad

sissiromy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I just received a used Ipad (must be the original ipad bought in 2011) and am trying to add new books to iBooks. I have been able to add a few books that I have on itunes to my ipad. I now would like to add new epub books (not bought through itunes). I have them loaded on itunes and selected them (I still have the other books on itunes, but I deselected them when I synced my Ipad. Now all the books on my ipad disappeared and only the new books that were selected (with a check mark next to them) on itunes are loaded on my Ipad. Some of the books that disappeared had bookmarks on them. What should I do to add just new books without erasing what's already on my ipad? this is my first Apple product and it is driving me crazy. I thought I can just drag and drop books from Win explorer, but no luck. I have downloaded many apps (Dropbox, Syncios, ) and they are not helping.

willerz2

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Welcome to iPadForums. We hope you enjoy your stay with us. Please also take the time to peruse the forum rules here and abide by them as you post in the forums.

Open up iTunes, plug your iPad in, and navigate to your iPad's profile on the left hand sidebar. If you don't see your left hand sidebar, press Ctrl + B, then press Ctrl + S to display your Menu and Sidebars. After clicking on your device on the sidebar, scroll down until you see a set of tick boxes, and tick the option to manually manage your media. Apply the changes at the bottom. Now try dragging and dropping your epub onto your device.

Most reactions