What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

newbie looing for Remote Desktop and VPN

dtsig

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am looking to get a iPad (probably iPad2) but i need to have a couple things to make this happen.

1) VPN client. Currently going through cisco router but any VPN clinet should work.

2) RDP client to connect to a windows box. I could possibly get away with vnc but RDP client to connect to windows box (mstsc.exe compatible) would be best.

I have tried a search but VNC and VPN turned up nothing (term too short?) and 'remote desktop' turned up a lot but did not seem to address the windows native rdp.

Thanks in advance

OUTL4W

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Not sure if this is what you're looking for but
Free ~ teamviewer
Paid ~ LogMeIn ignition

OP
D

dtsig

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for the quick response. I had seen teamviewer but am hoping for something that connects to the native window RDP server

thanks again

OP
D

dtsig

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks you very much ... just knocked down 2 things keeping me from getting an iPad.

Thanks again ..

Katoosh

iPF Noob
Reaction score
2 things i use very often...

first, ipsec vpn for connecting back to a cisco firewall is built into iOS, i use it all the time.

second, i looked around a while for a great rdp program
Jump Desktop is the best - weird name, but trust me, great program.

OP
D

dtsig

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Good suggestions .. thank you very much

Most reactions