What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Newbie in App Store (Can you help me?)

katarasg

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello to everyone on this forum!!I want to make some questions and if you can answer i will be pleased!!One month ago i bought an ipad 4 !!I make an apple id and i went to greece apple store!Although greece apple store have about 12000 apps and now i want to register to usa app store!One friend says that app store use has above 600000 apps !So i make an apple id with with usa store (i think so) So my first question is how can i check if i am in usa app store and how can i change if i am still in greece help me please??Sorry for me english!!!

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hello to everyone on this forum!!I want to make some questions and if you can answer i will be pleased!!One month ago i bought an ipad 4 !!I make an apple id and i went to greece apple store!Although greece apple store have about 12000 apps and now i want to register to usa app store!One friend says that app store use has above 600000 apps !So i make an apple id with with usa store (i think so) So my first question is how can i check if i am in usa app store and how can i change if i am still in greece help me please??Sorry for me english!!!

Hi and welcome to the Forum!

So you opened an account with the US App Store?

Well both these accounts would have been created with a different email address?

So go to the Settings App - iTunes and App Store and have a look there which account you are signed into. You can then sign out of and into the other account when you want to.

Hope this helps!

OP
K

katarasg

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi and welcome to the Forum!

So you opened an account with the US App Store?

Well both these accounts would have been created with a different email address?

So go to the Settings App - iTunes and App Store and have a look there which account you are signed into. You can then sign out of and into the other account when you want to.

Hope this helps!
I have tried to open an acount in us app store insert the us store ,inserted an hypothetically us address but also when ask me for payment options have not the none option and i insert my debit card wich is from a bank here in greece!After all they send me back to the greece store!!!It is very annoying!!Can you help me?If i send an email to apple will be pit me on the us store?

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I have tried to open an acount in us app store insert the us store ,inserted an hypothetically us address but also when ask me for payment options have not the none option and i insert my debit card wich is from a bank here in greece!After all they send me back to the greece store!!!It is very annoying!!Can you help me?If i send an email to apple will be pit me on the us store?

You need a U.S. payment option, such as a U.S. iTunes gift card. You may be able to buy one online. All you need is the activation code, which can be entered by tapping the redeem button at the bottom of the AppStore or iTunes home page.

image-2031721387.jpg

image-913578479.jpg

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score

Have you created another email address which does not denote a region, gmail is very good for this reason. I actually opened a US account last night with an US iTunes card. Your bank debit card I'm afraid will not work as it is based in Greece. You will need a US account which is why an US iTunes card is the best way to go. These are available on the net for purchase and as you only need the code on it, this can be emailed to you straight away. I did get the none option for credit card when I created mine, I don't know why you aren't but it may depend on the other info you have already input. What type of email address do you have? If it denotes a region, this could be the problem, you cannot use the same email address that you have used for your Greece account. Do you have an address? I used the address for an Apple Store in the US. You will also need a phone number too.

Let us know how you go.

OP
K

katarasg

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Have you created another email address which does not denote a region, gmail is very good for this reason. I actually opened a US account last night with an US iTunes card. Your bank debit card I'm afraid will not work as it is based in Greece. You will need a US account which is why an US iTunes card is the best way to go. These are available on the net for purchase and as you only need the code on it, this can be emailed to you straight away. I did get the none option for credit card when I created mine, I don't know why you aren't but it may depend on the other info you have already input. What type of email address do you have? If it denotes a region, this could be the problem, you cannot use the same email address that you have used for your Greece account. Do you have an address? I used the address for an Apple Store in the US. You will also need a phone number too.
Let us know how you go.

Thanks for the answers!!!Although my email is in g-mail!!I will make an another!!Then how i will take gift card!!I will go to my ipad i will sign out and i will go to us store and buy a gift card?Can you guide me step by step?

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks for the answers!!!Although my email is in g-mail!!I will make an another!!Then how i will take gift card!!I will go to my ipad i will sign out and i will go to us store and buy a gift card?Can you guide me step by step?

If you already have a gmail account which is different to the one you used for your Greece account that should be fine. I think it failed for you as you input a Greece bank account which denoted a region.
You will need to buy an iTunes card on the net. Just google them, there are plenty of sellers out there.....just be careful who you buy from, some will charge a premium extra. Once you do buy one, ask for the code to be emailed to you. Look up an address and phone number for an Apple store in the US so you have all the info you need for the new account.

Once you have it all go to your Settings App - iTunes and App Store, tap your ID and sign out. Then you create the new account, input US store and follow the prompts.

You should be good to go but let us know how you get on!

Yassou!

OP
K

katarasg

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If you already have a gmail account which is different to the one you used for your Greece account that should be fine. I think it failed for you as you input a Greece bank account which denoted a region.
You will need to buy an iTunes card on the net. Just google them, there are plenty of sellers out there.....just be careful who you buy from, some will charge a premium extra. Once you do buy one, ask for the code to be emailed to you. Look up an address and phone number for an Apple store in the US so you have all the info you need for the new account.

Once you have it all go to your Settings App - iTunes and App Store, tap your ID and sign out. Then you create the new account, input US store and follow the prompts.

You should be good to go but let us know how you get on!

Yassou!
thanks for all!!I bought an i tunes card from the web and made an new acount in us store!!I think that made it correct!But when i tap all free apps the appstoe say that it has about 13000 apps!!In the web i saw than now appstore have about 600000 apps!!What im doing wrong??Thanks for all!!Geia sou(Yassou) !!!Have a nice day!!

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
thanks for all!!I bought an i tunes card from the web and made an new acount in us store!!I think that made it correct!But when i tap all free apps the appstoe say that it has about 13000 apps!!In the web i saw than now appstore have about 600000 apps!!What im doing wrong??Thanks for all!!Geia sou(Yassou) !!!Have a nice day!!

I'm glad it worked for you. You may have looked up the apps for a certain category which are free......the US App Store from what I have seen do have the most apps available and for me it's cheaper to buy them from the US store than from my own store.

When updating your apps, if you are using your Greek ID, you will get a pop up to input your US store password if apps you bought there are also getting updates. It's much easier than signing in and out of ID's.

Enjoy!

OP
K

katarasg

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm glad it worked for you. You may have looked up the apps for a certain category which are free......the US App Store from what I have seen do have the most apps available and for me it's cheaper to buy them from the US store than from my own store.

When updating your apps, if you are using your Greek ID, you will get a pop up to input your US store password if apps you bought there are also getting updates. It's much easier than signing in and out of ID's.

Enjoy!
I havent looked the app for a certain category!!When i i insert the keyword "free" in all categories option i take the feedback that is about 13000 apps!!What have to type in the search box to see all the apps?How i will be certain that im in us app store?Sorry for bother you?

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I havent looked the app for a certain category!!When i i insert the keyword "free" in all categories option i take the feedback that is about 13000 apps!!What have to type in the search box to see all the apps?How i will be certain that im in us app store?Sorry for bother you?

Go to any category, in this example I used "utilities" (from the "More" menu), scroll down the page to where it says free, then tap the see all link.

image-64296983.jpg

AFAIK you will need to repeat this for each category.

The Archangel

OP
K

katarasg

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Go to any category, in this example I used "utilities" (from the "More" menu), scroll down the page to where it says free, then tap the see all link.

View attachment 39602

AFAIK you will need to repeat this for each category.

The Archangel
And how much apps with this selection you made you are seeing in your iPad.

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score

You won't find all the apps listed in the one place,it's more about the searches you can do. I've just done a search for free games and its come back with 51,256 results.

If you want to make sure you are in the US store....go to Settings - iTunes and App Store and press your Apple ID, then press view Apple ID and this will show what store you are in.

Hope this helps.

OP
K

katarasg

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You won't find all the apps listed in the one place,it's more about the searches you can do. I've just done a search for free games and its come back with 51,256 results.

If you want to make sure you are in the US store....go to Settings - iTunes and App Store and press your Apple ID, then press view Apple ID and this will show what store you are in.
I am going crazy I only see about 7000 here is the screenshot from my iPad what I am doing wrong

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    427.7 KB · Views: 267

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Hi, I just deleted one of your images as it's not a good idea to post your Apple ID openly on the Internet.

The Archangel

Most reactions