What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Newbie here - silverlight and ipad

jfolliard

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Forgive my ignorance on this one. I understand that Silverlight cannot be loaded onto my iPad in order to play certain video files. But is there a work around by converting the silverlight videos I can play on my desktop PC to a format I could play on by iPad after transferring the converted files to my iPad?

I hope so, and step by step instructions, please!

Thanks, Jack. :)

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Good to hear from you. You’ll find a whole bunch of iPad enthusiasts in this Forum who are only too willing to help other iPad owners and to hear of their experiences. Don’t be afraid to post any questions you may have or use the ‘Search’ button near the top of the Forum web page. I usually find I discover one new interesting and useful piece of information about my iPad every day - and often not even what I was looking for!!

Hope to hear from you soon with your thoughts about the iPad.

Have fun and enjoy your iPad

There are a wide variety of third party apps available that can play video files of various formats. oPlayer is one that many Members seem to favour. Alternatively most video file formats can be converted to a form that the native iPad Video player can handle. Handbrake is a free app that many members use, but I'm sure you'll receive other recommendations too, so it's probably good to wait a while for the replies to come in.

If you don’t already have it you can download a copy of the iPad manual for free.

Apple - Support - Manuals

Please read the rules too!!

http://www.ipadforums.net/forum-rules-help-info/2119-forum-rules-everybody-please-read.html

Tim
Scotland

OP
J

jfolliard

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks, but I thought silverlight was a special viewer you install on your computer to view certain files on another website? Can you actually d/l those videos you watch on your PC via silverlight?

GlenL

iPF Noob
Reaction score
jfolliard said:
Thanks, but I thought silverlight was a special viewer you install on your computer to view certain files on another website? Can you actually d/l those videos you watch on your PC via silverlight?

There are websites out there that will let you put in an address to a flash video and it will convert to avi/mpeg for you to download. Maybe there's a similar service for silverlight videos. Try googling for it?

Once you download it, then you can use Handbrake to convert to iPad friendly format.

Most reactions

Latest posts