What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Newbie battling with I Tunes

The Vanster

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Greetings. I am a relative newbie to this forum, despite joining it in 2012.

I have an I-Pad 2 with IOS 6, and the software up to date. However, I am unable to download TV series via iTunes, as I have no TV shows tab on iTunes.

If I search for any particular tv series, all it comes up with is podcasts and soundtracks. If I try the video icon, it takes me back to iTunes, and square 1!

A friend with the same I Pad has a TV tab on her iTunes. Why don't I have this, and how do I get it?

Any help would be most appreciated. :(

Many thanks.
Vanessa

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Are you and your friend using the same iTunes Store? Some people create accounts in other iTunes stores to get wider purchasing options. Many users overseas will create accounts in the U.S. iTunes Store, for example.

OP
T

The Vanster

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Are you and your friend using the same iTunes Store? Some people create accounts in other iTunes stores to get wider purchasing options. Many users overseas will create accounts in the U.S. iTunes Store, for example.

Thanks, I will find out,as she is from the UK. I hope that is the explanation. Perhaps the South African I Store doesn't support video downloads yet?

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks, I will find out,as she is from the UK. I hope that is the explanation. Perhaps the South African I Store doesn't support video downloads yet?

If you check here, you'll find that the South African iTunes Store doesn't support TV show downloads. http://support.apple.com/kb/ts3599

image-2383753160.jpg

image-1281810881.jpg

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Many countries' stores have limited access to apps, music, books, movies and shows because licensing rights differ around the world.

If you want access, you can get VPN and then buy through other stores, but that depends on whether you think it's worth the effort and money. If you're interested, there are many existing threads that you can find via the forum's search function, which will cover how to get VPN and access other iTunes stores.

OP
T

The Vanster

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Tv show downloads in south africa

Thanks to everyone for the information provided. Yes, sadly, it appears SA does not allow TV show downloads. How depressing :(.
I am not sure what VPN is but will try to find out . . .

Most reactions