What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

newbe

dsjt

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi I am new to ipad and there are a few things I do not yet understand being a convert from windows. One is how do I get a DVD from my own collection onto my Ipad to view on a boring ferry trip that I have to take shortly please help :(

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You need to 'rip' your DVDs on a Mac or PC and then use iTunes to synch them to your iPad. The iPad has quite specific requirements in terms of the video formats that it will accept. If you Google 'rip DVD iPad' you'll see a whole range of software for your PC that can do this, together with detailed instructions on how to transfer the ripped video files to your iPad. First time around, it can be a bit intimidating, but once you've done it the first time you'll find it easy thereafter.

If you want some specific recommendations for DVD ripping software, don't hesitate to get back in touch with us. Of course, you can also download videos from the iTunes store and, if you're in to educational videos, there are quite a few free ones there too!! iTunes rents videos as well - in HD (high definition) format as well as standard DVD quality. Rental charges are very reasonable and the choice of movies is large...

Tim
Scotland

Most reactions

Latest posts