What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New!

rarebreed

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello! Just bought the iPad Retina yesterday, and man i wanna use it before i wrap it lol but, i was wondering if any of you guys/gals that are giving this as a gift had opened it and charged it first so the person recieveng can have it fully charged? I was probably just gonna wait for my gf to set it all up on her itunes but i was wondering if anyone else has charged it so its ready to go.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I think that you'll find that the charge level should be around 80% or a little higher when you first turn it on.

buerkletucson

iPF Novice
Reaction score
First charge takes maybe an hour due to the high level of initial charge.......
IMHO it would be a bit tacky if you gave a gift that was already opened.

I'm giving my wife an iPad 4 for Christmas and thought of this also..........I'll wait. :p

OP
R

rarebreed

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I agree with ya! Cant wait for her to open it though. I didnt know they came at about 80% charge. My mistake, thanks though! Im sure she will be on it 24/7 ! thanks!

tlbaker

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Hello! Just bought the iPad Retina yesterday, and man i wanna use it before i wrap it lol but, i was wondering if any of you guys/gals that are giving this as a gift had opened it and charged it first so the person recieveng can have it fully charged? I was probably just gonna wait for my gf to set it all up on her itunes but i was wondering if anyone else has charged it so its ready to go.

I charged an iPod touch for someone only because I didn't have to wrap it as it was going to charity.

Sent from my Wi-Fi Black 64GB iPad with Retina Display using Tapatalk HD

I_luv_Apple

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Lol your robbing them of the buzz of unwrapping the cellophane! The best bit! :) lol

Most reactions

Latest posts