1. yalelev52

yalelev52 iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Why am I always asked for a password ? This happens every time I want to download a new app. Isn't there some way for ipdto remember my password.
  2. HKWrite12

HKWrite12 iPad Addict

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +7 / 0
    I believe that's a security design. What happens if someone is playing on your iOS device and want to look at a 20 $ app. (you would be pissed for one) They would need your password to go forth with the transaction. Is this your first iOS or apple device. I have had my iPhone for almost two years. You grow to get used to it honestly. It can be annoying, but I appreciate the safety. I know if my brother or cousin has my device they can't "accidentally" buy tom-tom! If it bothers you too much, I'd suggest you make it as short and simple as the system will allow. That way you can be on your way!!! Glad you got an iPad! Enjoy the magic.
  3. SweetPoison

SweetPoison iPad Legend

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +134 / 0
    Welcome! It really is for your own protection. There have been some that were charged for apps they didn't purchase ~ and they were password protected as is everyone.

I hate to think if we weren't forced to have passwords.
  4. DontUnderstandMyIpad

DontUnderstandMyIpad iPad Guru

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +13 / 0
    As mentioned already, asking for your password is a security measure and as far as I am aware, there is no way, not even jb, to change this.

In your iTunes desktop version is a feature called 1-click which saves your Apple ID, but I think it only saves the password for music&movies, not for apps.

Pro tip:
    Make a list of apps you want to purchase, then buy them all within 15 minutes, you will only have to enter your password the first time.