What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New Window Popup

sm2004

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I click on a link. Page appears saying that it will open the requested action in a new window. Nothing ever happens.

Specifically it's the BillPay function on my mom's banking website. Don't know if it's related to Javascript or what...

Any help/suggestions?

peled

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The iPad Safari is identifying itself as a mobile browser. Some Sites are taking it as a sign to display a different page, or not at all.
You may try doing it with the Atomic browser (1$) that can be disguise as IE8

OP
S

sm2004

iPF Noob
Reaction score
We've tried with Mercury and the Atomic browser... no luck.

Pocobear

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Check with your bank to see if they have a mobile site you can go to. Many banks have mobile sites and apps that let you check your banking. Sometimes it's as simple as putting the letter "m" in front of the URL of the bank. Example: make ""www.yourbank.com" into "www.m.yourbank.com" without the quotes.

OP
S

sm2004

iPF Noob
Reaction score
No mobile website for the bank.. it's a smaller local bank.

Bought my mom the iPad for Christmas and this one bit of lacking functionality has her upset with the thing.

OP
S

sm2004

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Apparently it was as simple as going to settings and allowing popups for Safari... man I feel dumb.

Most reactions

Latest posts