What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New user

hirschhs

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Bit complicated but... Bought a 64gb iPad 2 in the uk, now in Hungary for a few days before moving on eastwards. Bought a pay as you go sim on vodaphone in Hungary but am not connecting to 3G, I can only use local wifi. I think it's a problem with the sim not the device, is there any way i can check? I'm imagining that all 64gb iPad 2s have 3G etc, am I right?

thewitt

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Contact the sim provider. Its possible it's not activated or only supports voice not data.

-t

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Not all 64GB iPad2s have 3G but, for sure, if you've a SIM slot you've got 3G. As thewitt says, it can take a while for the service to be activated. Remember, too, that the iPad always - repeat always - uses WiFi in preference to 3G.

Tim

OP
hirschhs

hirschhs

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Tim SPRACKLEN said:
Not all 64GB iPad2s have 3G but, for sure, if you've a SIM slot you've got 3G. As thewitt says, it can take a while for the service to be activated. Remember, too, that the iPad always - repeat always - uses WiFi in preference to 3G.

Tim

Feel a bit silly now! It was clearly an activation delay. They said 2 hours but obviously meant 24!! But many thanks for your replies. Onwards and upwards...
Cheers
Steve h

Most reactions