What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New user need some expert advice and help

SupraDave

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have a few questions I would like to ask you guys, Im new to apple so go easy!!!! no really if some of you guys and girls can give me the answers, it would be great.

Ok new Ipad 3G coming this afternoon....

1) I would like to jailbrake the ipad, how do I tell what ios I have, do I upgrade to the latest version before I jailbrake, is there a reliable jailbrake for the current version.

2) I need it to be reliable, and everything to work still, blueTooth and all the other standard apps.

3) I would need this to be untethered and also be unlocked, I know the unit is coming unlocked

4) I use outlook calendar on my PC, I would like to sync this with my Ipad, 2 way.

I would also just like to take my ipad out with me, what sort of calendar does the Ipad have? can I fill in all the fields like in outllook, I do I need to add an after-market one to get all the fields.

How will this sync? is it auto? can I make up a wifi connection between the PC and the Ipad, if there more software needed for this? is it free? and are there lots of options to do this or is it just one main vendor?

sorry for all the questions, new and scared!!

Dave

Last edited:

biobunny

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I will give you the answers to your questions tomorrow
Today I'm busy
Sorry

biobunny

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ok Dave I'll reply today

1. If you're happy with the build in apps and the AppStore you won't need to jailbreak but if you insists here's how.
You can tell the iOS version in iTunes. Yes there's a reliable version for iOS v4.2.1 which is PWNtool for the mac or green poison for mac/Windows but remember that every jailbreak is not perfect so if something goes wrong it's not the dev teams fault.
Also yes you should upgrade your firmware before jailbreaking because the features by Apple are also pretty cool if you don't mind losing 3 hours of battery life per charge.

2. I dunno about the Bluetooth but when you jailbreak it only adds the Cydia app to your springboard (menu). Jailbreaking is reliable and if something goes wrong just create a forum thread and people should help.

3. The jailbreak is untethered and it comes unlocked anyway for free.

4. I can't exactly tell you how to do this but in the iTunes menu on the iPad synching screen go to the info tab and you'll find "synch mail from outlook"

5. The iPad has a great calendar that supports the ability to add your outlook calendar. When you receive the iPad you'll find that all the Apple apps are handcrafted to the very last pixel.

6. Synching is unfortunately not automatic without some jailbreaking apps or MobileMe. Synching is the process of adding stuff to the device which is in this case an iPad. You can synch your iPad without iTunes however I don't recommend it. iTunes is free of charge and can be found on the apple website www.apple.com or just google iTunes download.

Welcome to iPad forums and there's an iPad forums app on the AppStore "ipf"

Don't be afraid to ask more questions, hope you love your iPad and sorry if my english is terrible.

Most reactions

Latest posts