What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New user here

RRibeiro

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello all.

I have one Ipad 2, and i'n just starting in the Mac world.
I'm a very experienced user in the windows and Android worlds and i'm a "Anti Mac" user, but out of curiosity I managed to get a Ipad 2 (The last one on my region). I hope I can change my ideia about Mac OS, but I think just started with my left feet.
I just can't get used to the way the Ipad OS works, it's not userfriendly and to make a simple task like changing to another open program is very complicated.
Maybe time and this forum help me change my mind.

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Good to hear from you. You’ll find a whole bunch of iPad enthusiasts in this Forum who are only too willing to help other iPad owners and to hear of their experiences. Don’t be afraid to post any questions you may have or use the ‘Search’ button near the top of the Forum web page. I usually find I discover one new interesting and useful piece of information about my iPad every day - and often not even what I was looking for!!

I am a PC guy too and I agree, getting used to the iPad way of doing things is a culture change. But hang on in there - you'll find some things frustrating and other things you'll think - wow - if only my PC could do it that way...

Hope to hear from you soon with your thoughts about the iPad.

Have fun and enjoy your iPad

If you don’t already have it you can download a copy of the iPad manual for free.

Apple - Support - Manuals

It’s free too.

Tim
Scotland

TheeIpad

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello all.

I have one Ipad 2, and i'n just starting in the Mac world.
I'm a very experienced user in the windows and Android worlds and i'm a "Anti Mac" user, but out of curiosity I managed to get a Ipad 2 (The last one on my region). I hope I can change my ideia about Mac OS, but I think just started with my left feet.
I just can't get used to the way the Ipad OS works, it's not userfriendly and to make a simple task like changing to another open program is very complicated.
Maybe time and this forum help me change my mind.

Taking you out of your computer/windows groove is uncomfortable, i felt the same way when changing from windows in 2000. I was an Android user the past few years because i refuse to buy a iPhone serviced by At&t and the proof of that still holds true today with problems. But i switch to the iphone when Verizon offered it, and it runs great. I have a ipad 2 WiFi only and now my family of Apple products runs in Sync... computer, iphone, and ipad.

Give yourself time to get use to it, and don't think it happens in one month. The Apps are the best, yes it has no flash, but the iPad runs smooth and fast with a great interface on their Apps. People around the world standing in long lines can't all be wrong... don't expect any long lines for the xoom or any other tablet. good luck with your new device, and welcome to the world of the Mac OS...lol

OP
R

RRibeiro

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for all your kind words.
It's very frustrating trying to use IPAD, when I can do all in my Windows PC and my Android phone with my eyes closed (almost), but I think I will learn fast.

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You'll soon learn and will wonder what all the fuss was about. I hardly ever use my laptop now - you can do 90% of what you need on the iPad and it's much more convenient once you've got used to it. As the other poster said, give it a little time and - slowly - you'll come to love your new iPad. Then you'll never want to go back to the PC world.

Tim
Scotland

the_john

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I like using the iPad OS better than Windows. I find it much easier and user friendly. Can't wait till I can ditch my Windows desktop and get an iMac.

Sent from my iPad2 A1396 using iPF

OP
R

RRibeiro

iPF Noob
Reaction score
One thing I miss the most is the lack of customization options available.
Maybe when one jailbreak solution is available for my 4.3.1 Ipad, more customizatio options get available to me.

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Heh, heh.

Just wait until the first time you try to swipe the screen of your netbook, laptop or desktop monitor...

Then you'll know you've been assimilated!

:D

Most reactions

Latest posts