What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New User- HELP REQUIRED!

aasawant

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello Guys. I am Amit from Mumbai, India. I presently use a windows based cellphone & a laptop. Recently I bought an 64gb 3g ipad from Singapore as it is not officially launched in India. I want to upgrade the ipad to IOS 4.2. Is it advisable to update the OS as if there are any glitches in the updation I’ll not get any support in India. PLEASE ADVICE!!

Hasty

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Welcome Amit. I don't think you should have any problems updating your iPad as long as you can get hold of 4.2.
Just make sure everything is backed up before you start.

That said I was perfectly happy with my iPad running the older OS and while the new improvements are nice they are not essential. Folders for example is nice but not essential :)

It's great being able to listen to the radio or music in an app while browsing the web, but you could do that with the old os if the radio was run in a safari tab.

It's your choice but I'm sure you'll be ok.

Most reactions