What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New User - Can't Load Apps

VGilman1001

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just got my first Apple product. Love the IPad but it wont load the apps unless I have it connected to my computer. Help!

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi there and welcome.

Ok, first things first, when you are not connected to your computer do you have an Internet connection, either 3G (if you have a 3G iPad) or via wi-fi, which would mean connecting via your router or a wi-fi hot spot? The mre you can tell us the more we can help.

There is lots of good advice and info on here plus plenty of members all too willing to help with any problems.

Remember, search is your friend.......and please don't forget to read the rules http://www.ipadforums.net/forum-rules-help-info/2119-forum-rules-everybody-please-read.html

These are the hacking section rules for all you jail breakers (and would be jail breakers) http://www.ipadforums.net/ipad-hacking/2892-hacking-section-rules-please-read.html

We also have an app for this forum. A link to download the app is: Discussion Forum for iPad Users for iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad on the iTunes App Store

If you have other Apple products or are interested in other Apple kit then why not join our sister forum too at http://www.appleforums.net/

Finally, if you still haven't had enough, how about a video explaining about our other forums (note:you may want to play this at half speed but hey, why shouldn't Phil be excited about our forums!)

The Archangel

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
V

VGilman1001

iPF Noob
Reaction score
THanks - I have tried to search :( - I am using WiFi. I may have done something when I installed ITunes on my computer?

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Maybe you could give us some more information to understand what you are doing to try to load apps from the app store. Forgive me as I think out loud...so when I want an app--this is what happens: click onto app store, select app, press the istall app button, apple ID password button comes up for you to type and press ok. The appstore closes and goes to your desktop where you will see the icon loading on. It should work for you if you went through the steps when installing itunes...is this different how you are doing it?

Ed62

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I think what you're saying is that you downloaded apps to iTunes on the computer. Is that correct? You can download directly to the iPad from the app store. Just use the app store app.

Ed

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Just got my first Apple product. Love the IPad but it wont load the apps unless I have it connected to my computer. Help!

Really-how did you get your apps...through itunes or directly off the ipad app store? Both you can do...the explanation provided direction to the app store on your IPAD.

Most reactions

Latest posts