What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New to this forum

Jbembenek

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello, I am a longtime apple user,started wit Apple IIEs and up to iMacs. This is my first iPad 2 and I love it so far.

I have one question, how to I post to the forum when using the iPad App. I don,t see any post or reply button. Do I have to use the web site to post or reply?

Mickeylittle

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Jbembenek said:
Hello, I am a longtime apple user,started wit Apple IIEs and up to iMacs. This is my first iPad 2 and I love it so far.

I have one question, how to I post to the forum when using the iPad App. I don,t see any post or reply button. Do I have to use the web site to post or reply?

Upper right hand corner press the arrow and choose reply to thread.

OP
J

Jbembenek

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I may be missing it

I may be missing it but I don't see an arrow in the right hand corner of the forum app. Clicking on th arrow that is there just reloads the page. What am I missing?

Mickeylittle

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Here are two attachments. One is for replying to a post and the other is for starting a new thread. I am doing this from my iPad. Is this what you are talking about or am I confused?

Attachments

• image-2829514598.png
    image-2829514598.png
    150.1 KB · Views: 148
  • image-1442838191.png
    image-1442838191.png
    108.5 KB · Views: 165
OP
J

Jbembenek

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am trying to post a reply on my iPad 2 from the iPF App. I can do it if I use safari and visit the forum website but I would like to be able to post an/or reply while using the app. I have not seen a way to do thi from the app.

Reaction score
Jbembenek said:
I am trying to post a reply on my iPad 2 from the iPF App. I can do it if I use safari and visit the forum website but I would like to be able to post an/or reply while using the app. I have not seen a way to do thi from the app.

Have you clicked on the arrow button in the top right corner, while reading a thread?

OP
J

Jbembenek

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Also the attachments you posted do no show up in the app, they are fine when viewed in safari. I have a feeling the app does no do it all. I guess it would be better to just stick to the web site version.

OP
J

Jbembenek

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Jbembenek said:

Have you clicked on the arrow button in the top right corner, while reading a thread?

The only arrow in the right corner brings up a box says "Refresh page"

OP
J

Jbembenek

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ok, that was it. I don,t know how I missed that one. Thanks for all of the help. I feel real silly, but I never noticed that symbol. I was looking for a way to log in but never connected the key symbol to it. Thanks much for the solution. I look forward to using this forum.

Mickeylittle

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Jbembenek said:
Ok, that was it. I don,t know how I missed that one. Thanks for all of the help. I feel real silly, but I never noticed that symbol. I was looking for a way to log in but never connected the key symbol to it. Thanks much for the solution. I look forward to using this forum.

I figured you were logged in but I guess you've been responding from a PC. Sorry!

Most reactions

Latest posts