1. Due to the recent site upgrade, the iPadForums (iPF) App will no longer work. The new iPadForums.net website has been designed from the ground up to work perfectly from any mobile, tablet, or desktop computer using the built in internet browser. Create a shortcut to iPadForums.net on your home screen by following these steps: Create an icon for iPadForums.net

New to the site

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions - Site Assistance' started by bedbugg7260, Jul 18, 2011.

1. bedbugg7260

bedbugg7260 iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hi, I'm new to the site and and having a problem with my IPAD. Hopefully this group will be able to help me solve it.

My IPAD will not find my current location. I have tried everything (I think). If anyone has any experience on how to fix this it would be appreciated.
  2. Tim SPRACKLEN

Tim SPRACKLEN iPad Legend

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +121 / 0
    What type of iPad do you have? Only the 3G iPads have GPS. WiFi versions can only - approximately - find their location if they're in contact with a WiFi hotspot that's in Apple's database. If you are away from a WiFi hotspot, or it's not in the Apple database, then the WiFi iPad cannot determine its location.

Tim
  3. sauobeatbath

sauobeatbath iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    If you are, you can go to the domain pointing manager and change that. I would also take the old domain.