1. Due to the recent site upgrade, the iPadForums (iPF) App will no longer work. The new iPadForums.net website has been designed from the ground up to work perfectly from any mobile, tablet, or desktop computer using the built in internet browser. Create a shortcut to iPadForums.net on your home screen by following these steps: Create an icon for iPadForums.net

New to the IPAD 2 World

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions - Site Assistance' started by kingman, Sep 7, 2011.

1. kingman

kingman iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Hi

Wife just picked up the Ipad 2 as a gift and so far l love it. The only downside is that l can't watch movies unless l'm in range of wifi!

I'm sure this will be my first question.

Thanks

Alan
  2. Gunny008

Gunny008 iPad Enthusiast

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Is it a wifi only iPad? This might be why

I use mediamp4.com to watch movies on my iPad, it's a good site to check out.

Sent from my iPad using iPF
  3. kingman

kingman iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Hi

Will l be able to download a movie in order to watch on my train that doesn't have wifi?. I have the 3G wifi.

Thanks

Alan
  4. GoPackGo

GoPackGo iPad Junkie

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +23 / 0
    Well it isn't true if you put your own movies on your iPad (I have a WiFi only iPad too :ipad-front:). Handbrake is an example of a program that walks you through that. You can also convert video files such as .avi's to iPad format using programs like Format Factory. :D
  5. Gunny008

Gunny008 iPad Enthusiast

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    The best way to do that is to buy them from iTunes, or rent them I think!

Sent from my iPad using iPF
  6. richsadams

richsadams iPad Super Guru

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +99 / 0
    Welcome to the forum! There are a lot of great people here willing to lend a hand anytime.

Please take a moment to view the information linked below my signature to get the most out of your iPad as well as our forum.

As mentioned, you can rent thousands of movies from iTunes to watch on your iPad at your leisure. You can also "rip" your own DVD's if you'd like. Use the search feature and you'll find all sorts of great information...but if you have a question don't hesitate to ask in the appropriate area.

Welcome again and enjoy!
  7. Tim SPRACKLEN

Tim SPRACKLEN iPad Legend

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +121 / 0
    Good to hear from you. You’ll find a whole bunch of iPad enthusiasts in this Forum who are only too willing to help other iPad owners and to hear of their experiences. Don’t be afraid to post any questions you may have or use the ‘Search’ button near the top of the Forum web page. I usually find I discover one new interesting and useful piece of information about my iPad every day - and often not even what I was looking for!!

Hope to hear from you soon with your thoughts about the iPad.

Have fun and enjoy your iPad

If you don’t already have it you can download a copy of the iPad manual for free.

Apple - Support - Manuals

Please read the rules too!!

http://www.ipadforums.net/forum-rules-help-info/2119-forum-rules-everybody-please-read.html

Tim
    Scotland