What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New to the Ipad 2 - lost email

James McMichael

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello, my manager (store owner) just purchased is new i Pad 2 WI-FI, 64GB Verizon enabled. Now since I support all the PC is the pace I get to support his i Pad.

I have used gmail to sync his PC, droid phone, and his i Pad 2.

Over the weekend he received an email. He responded to the email with his i Pad. Neither the WI-FI or Verizon were available. Now he can not find the sent message.

Does anyone know where it went. I don't find it in any sent folder, or draft folder. Did it go on and get sent once the WI-FI or Verizon links were established, or was it just lost?

Rogue1970

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hey James, did you setup the Google Mail account using the Exchange account? If so then there is a temporary outbox that appears when you back up into the folder views. I've done this a few weeks ago and it sent the email as normal.

P.S. You should also be able to go to the Gmail Sent Mail view and the iPad sent email will appear there if everything worked. But this is if you setup the email with an Exchange account. I'm not for sure on the IMAP/POP manual setup process.

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello, my manager (store owner) just purchased is new i Pad 2 WI-FI, 64GB Verizon enabled. Now since I support all the PC is the pace I get to support his i Pad.

I have used gmail to sync his PC, droid phone, and his i Pad 2.

Over the weekend he received an email. He responded to the email with his i Pad. Neither the WI-FI or Verizon were available. Now he can not find the sent message.

Does anyone know where it went. I don't find it in any sent folder, or draft folder. Did it go on and get sent once the WI-FI or Verizon links were established, or was it just lost?

An email that is written and then 'sent' but when there is no Internet connectivity, sits in the OutBox until Internet connectivity is available. Once available, it is sent and it is then transferred to the Sent box as the other posters have suggested. However, sometimes, when Internet connectivity becomes available it may not be sent immediately - this depends on how the settings were established in 'Settings', 'Mail, Contacts, Calendar'. If you cannot see it in the Sent box then it should be in OutBox. It should not get 'lost'.

Tim

Chardman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
This just happened to me Tim. Once connectivity came back up (am in an airport), I checked all folders, even deleted and outbox emails folder, but my email has truly disappeared.

Most reactions