New to the forum.

Discussion in 'iPad Help' started by ricktm56, Sep 14, 2011.

1. ricktm56

ricktm56 iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hi to all. Ricktm56 here with an iPad2 my bride got me for my birthday this year. She kept asking if I wanted one but I honestly could not justify having one since there are programs that I need that I cannot use on it. I happened to mention this to an IT friend of mine who said that I could get a remote access app that would work well. True indeed and that justified the heck out of it. I must admit, my desktop (at home, anyway) doesn't get used all that much anymore. This thing is very handy indeed. Looking forward to learning as much as I can with this forum.
  2. SweetPoison

SweetPoison iPad Legend

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +134 / 0
    Welcome, Rick!
  3. ricktm56

ricktm56 iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Where can I get help with a Microsoft Exchange issue? I have gmail for all important mail and I have configured my email according to the Google help guide. After the initial set up, all of my mailboxes look good. It doesn't take long, however, for the "sent" mailbox to disappear and be replaced by a second "sent items" mailbox. Both "sent items" mailboxes are empty, and I cannot find a way to view any messages I've sent without going to Gmail via the browser. I have deleted the accounts more than once and the issue reappears each time. Whasupwithat?
  4. SweetPoison

SweetPoison iPad Legend

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +134 / 0
    Gosh Rick. You got me! Try a hard reset for now:

Hold the power button and the home button down at the same time until you see the Apple logo ~ approx 10 seconds.

Let it reboot. Let us know how this works ~ I am going to move your thread to the help section.:)
  5. ricktm56

ricktm56 iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    No go. Nothing has changed. What next?
  6. ricktm56

ricktm56 iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    No go. Nothing has changed. Anyone for a challenge?
  7. Tim SPRACKLEN

Tim SPRACKLEN iPad Legend

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +121 / 0
    Good to hear from you. You’ll find a whole bunch of iPad enthusiasts in this Forum who are only too willing to help other iPad owners and to hear of their experiences. Don’t be afraid to post any questions you may have or use the ‘Search’ button near the top of the Forum web page. I usually find I discover one new interesting and useful piece of information about my iPad every day - and often not even what I was looking for!!

Hope to hear from you soon with your thoughts about the iPad.

Have fun and enjoy your iPad

If you don’t already have it you can download a copy of the iPad manual for free.

Apple - Support - Manuals

Please read the rules too!!

http://www.ipadforums.net/forum-rules-help-info/2119-forum-rules-everybody-please-read.html

Tim
    Scotland
  8. oberkc

oberkc iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8 / 0
    Your experience with GMail is the same as mine...a couple of empty "sent" mailboxes. I have never been ambitious enough to try to figure it out. Maybe we can both learn something here.
  9. ricktm56

ricktm56 iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Just a quick note to say that this problem doesn't seem to exist any longer with the upgrade to iOS 5. It also added a pop account for one of my gmail accounts, which I had already set up on MS Exchange. This resulted in double messages for that account. This was corrected by simply deleting one of the accounts.