What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New to the forum and ios

Reaction score
Hello everyone one.
First I want to say thanks to the posters here for helping me acclimate to ups and the world of mobile computing.
Until last week I used a desktop or Droid Incredible for all of my computing, forum surfing, etc.
I wanted a netbook type of appliance vs a laptop for a bigger screen than my Inc without the weight . After messing with my sisters ipad for a while I decided a Kindle was all I really wanted , went and got one ,a few hours later ended up back at Target exchanging it for my ipad. I'm so glad I moved up . My biggest "just wow" moment has been the addition of the Zagg Mate.
Again In thank you all for this forum and for those who post here. Hopefully in time I can return the favor

Support Our Troops!!
This post was Tapatalk approved.

biobunny

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Welcome to the iPad forums and hope you enjoy your iPad!!!!!!!!!!

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Good to hear from you. You’ll find a whole bunch of iPad enthusiasts in this Forum who are only too willing to help other iPad owners and to hear of their experiences. Don’t be afraid to post any questions you may have or use the ‘Search’ button near the top of the Forum web page. I usually find I discover one new interesting and useful piece of information about my iPad every day - and often not even what I was looking for!!

Hope to hear from you soon with your thoughts about the iPad.

Have fun and enjoy your iPad

If you don’t already have it you can download a copy of the iPad manual for free from

http://manuals.info.apple.com/en_US/...User_Guide.pdf

Also the iPad2 manual is available at the Apple iBooks store. It’s free too.

Tim
Scotland

Hdchiky

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Welcome, MountainbikerMark, glad folks have helped you out and welcome to the 'apple' world! I am actually a convert myself - started with the iPhone and it was all over after that. The iPad is the coolest little device! I love mine, but lately, I have been wanting to get a Kindle too for some reason - and you took one back?? I love the reader on the iPad, I just think I would like to keep my books on a Kindle. I am still out to lunch about it, but would like to try one.
Be seeing you around!

Chiky

iPadCharlie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The great thing about the Kindle system is that you don't have to keep you books on any specific device since they are all archived at Amazon. All you have to do is download whatever you have purchased onto your iPad, Kindle, PC... wherever you want!

OP
Mountainbikermark
Reaction score
I do most of my reading before bed or while riding in a vehicle. The Kindle has no backlight and the cover I bought with a built in light was not going to work for me. I keep my backlight very dim to not be a distraction to the driver or family at night and a small led light might as well be a 1000watt flood light to others, especially my wife when driving at night
I found the page turning, though supposedly much faster on 3rd gen, to be slow and clunky compared to the Kindle app on my Inc and now my iPad. I love how on the iPad in landscape it shows 2 pages, more like a real book. The Kindle showed 1 page, just like my Inc only larger screen
Thank y'all for the warm welcome. As a cellphone enthusiast I'm used to the fanboyism of os users and didn't quite know how I'd be received as an Android lover but I'm a lover of stuff that works for me more than being a sheep to any operating system and the iPad clobbers Androids tablets for my uses

Support Our Troops!!
Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk.
You read it correctly, iPad and Tapatalk muhahaha! :D

OP
Mountainbikermark
Reaction score
The kindle really has no backlight?! Lmao
I was like WTF? and definitely not lmao
I researched via online reviews for months and nowhere did I see any complaints or mention at all of no backlight. It wasn't until buying one that I went looking for how to turn the thing on,only to find they left it off because in their words " studies have shown a backlight messes with the brain,causing a less sound sleep" really?!? I sleep just fine after reading the Kindle on my phone.
I'm glad I ended up taking it back and getting this iPad because it not only has a backlight but it is soooo much more than just a nice ebook reader. any apps that are I have on my Inc that are available for this little neat machine I have already put on and found a much better browser( Perfect Browser) than my stock Inc or iPad browser

Support Our Troops!!
Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk.
You read it correctly, iPad and Tapatalk muhahaha! :D

Most reactions

Latest posts