What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New to Ipad2!!!

TrxSlash

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just ordered my ipad2 on October 2nd. I have been checking the tracking info jsut about every 2 hours or so. It finally left China yesterday and arrived in alaska early this morning and went to my home town Louisville, Ky. Left there this afternoon and is scheduled to arrive here in Hampton, Va sometime tomorrow. I am sooooo excited!!!:D

I have been lurking on the forum for about a week now and I love all the info and pics taken with the ipad, soon I will have some photos posted too! Keep all the questions, tips/tricks, and pics coming!

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Congrats, to you!!

f99f7685.png

ssilver10

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I was the same exact way when I ordered my iPad 2. You will be more than satisfied with your iPad, especially with iOS 5 and iCloud comming out.

I hope for a follow up post when you get it! :D

Regards,

Ralphy

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Good to hear from you. You’ll find a whole bunch of iPad enthusiasts in this Forum who are only too willing to help other iPad owners and to hear of their experiences. Don’t be afraid to post any questions you may have or use the ‘Search’ button near the top of the Forum web page. I usually find I discover one new interesting and useful piece of information about my iPad every day - and often not even what I was looking for!!

Hope to hear from you soon with your thoughts about the iPad.

Have fun and enjoy your iPad

If you don’t already have it you can download a copy of the iPad manual for free.

Apple - Support - Manuals

Please read the rules too!!

http://www.ipadforums.net/forum-rules-help-info/2119-forum-rules-everybody-please-read.html

Tim
Scotland

candi1990

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Welcome! I am new here as well... And I was exactly the way you are waiting on mine to get here. I think my camera is defective so I am sending it back fir a new one. I have no idea what I am going to do without it while I wait fir a refund and repurchase a new one. Did you get a good price getting one from china?

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Welcome! I am new here as well... And I was exactly the way you are waiting on mine to get here. I think my camera is defective so I am sending it back fir a new one. I have no idea what I am going to do without it while I wait fir a refund and repurchase a new one. Did you get a good price getting one from china?

Have you sent it back yet?

If not, try a reboot.

Turn the iPad off.
Now press and hold the Power and Home buttons simultaneously for about 6-9 seconds until the white Apple logo appears.

The iPad will reboot and, hopefully, all will be fine...

Tim

OP
TrxSlash

TrxSlash

iPF Noob
Reaction score
ssilver10 said:
I was the same exact way when I ordered my iPad 2. You will be more than satisfied with your iPad, especially with iOS 5 and iCloud comming out.

I hope for a follow up post when you get it! :D

Regards,

Ralphy

So I woke up this morning and the first thing I did was check tracking. That was at about 9:30a eastern, as soon as I read "out for delivery" there was a loud knock on the door. It was the UPS lady!!!

I didn't necessarily order it from china, I ordered it off the apple website, I wanted to get an engraved one for my wife and I.

Can't believe I'm typing this on my brand new 32G black iPad! Now I need to go get a case and a screen protector. I'll let you know what I get when I get back.

GoPackGo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I was just as excited as you in the days leading up to my purchase!! Enjoy your new baby!

Sent from my iPad using iPF

OP
TrxSlash

TrxSlash

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Got back from the store....got a screen protector, and a 'case' but I need to return the case, forgot about the back camera, lol. I have walmart and target, best buy is too expensive, any suggestions for a good middle of the road case with access to the back camera at either store?

ipadbraincell

iPF Noob
Reaction score
TrxSlash said:
Got back from the store....got a screen protector, and a 'case' but I need to return the case, forgot about the back camera, lol. I have walmart and target, best buy is too expensive, any suggestions for a good middle of the road case with access to the back camera at either store?

If the case is ok in all other respects, you could simply take it down to a shoe repair shop hand have a hole punched in it :).

Most reactions