1. Due to the recent site upgrade, the iPadForums (iPF) App will no longer work. The new iPadForums.net website has been designed from the ground up to work perfectly from any mobile, tablet, or desktop computer using the built in internet browser. Create a shortcut to iPadForums.net on your home screen by following these steps: Create an icon for iPadForums.net

New to iPad2

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions - Site Assistance' started by Egon, Sep 3, 2011.

1. Egon

Egon iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hi everyone I'm new to all this so my first question is should I update my new iPad? It's running 4.3.3 should I put the update 4.3.5 in? (I think they are the right numbers):D
  2. Tim SPRACKLEN

Tim SPRACKLEN iPad Legend

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +121 / 0
    Probably not!! If you think you might want to Jail Break your iPad (head on over to the hacking section to see what that's all about) then 4.3.3 is the only version that can be JB at present. If you update to 4.3.5 you can't JB.

There are no additional features in 4.3.5. The move to 4.3.4 was simply a move by Apple to patch the exploit that enable the iPad to be JB and the move to 4.3.5 was to patch a notional security hole in the operating system.

Tim
  3. Gabriel1

Gabriel1 Super Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +747 / 0
    Hi there and welcome.

If you are thinking of jail breaking then stay at 4.3.3, if not then you can upgrade safely.

There is lots of good advice and info on here plus plenty of members all too willing to help with any problems.

Remember, search is your friend.......and please don't forget to read the rules http://www.ipadforums.net/forum-rules-help-info/2119-forum-rules-everybody-please-read.html & hacking section rules for all you jail breakers (and would be jail breakers) http://www.ipadforums.net/ipad-hacking/2892-hacking-section-rules-please-read.html

We also have an app for this forum. A link to download the app is: Discussion Forum for iPad Users for iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad on the iTunes App Store

The Archangel