What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New to iPad

OP
T

Tweetyfan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I can't try it if I don't know where the address is they want. Is it in settings on my iPad?

OP
T

Tweetyfan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
OK, entered the info, we will see if it works or not. I will let you know. They do say it could take up to a few weeks to work. But if I notice a difference I will definitely let you know.

Thanks again both of you.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
@Tim

Apple uses it's own location service by now. They didn't seem to like the involvement of Google in Skyhook. But I am not sure, how one would go about adding a Wifi location to Apple's location service.

In April, Apple Ditched Google And Skyhook In Favor Of Its Own Location Databases

I don't know, of course, but I have a sneaking suspicion that if a friend with an iPhone were to visit, and happen to use their Map application while there, it might eventually find it's way to the database. No telling how long that would take though.

The License Agreement sort of hint at this, by seeking to assure people that the location data Apple collects is anonymized (or something to that effect).

Most reactions

Latest posts