What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New to iPad

ncyrider16

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I just got a new iPad 64gb and love it so far. This is my first Apple product besides a regular ipod, so im pretty new to apple. I want to get as much out of my ipad as possible, so what are some good mods, tricks, and apps i should consider doing right away? Im already getting a case and screen protector for it, so im not worried about protection.

Can the ipad be jailbroken? can i get 3g on it without paying for it?
What are some cool themes and keyboards i can get?

Also,how often should i turn off my ipad? and how often should it be charged for the best performance? right now i use it for about an hour every 2 days, mostly for internet surfing and gaming.

wrecklass

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If you only use it an hour every couple of days you should be able to go nearly a week between charges.

Hudmaster

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well, if you're looking for some good Apps, I have a few you might like.

Infinity Blade - RPG You play as a night who must defeat the immortal God King in a sword duel. The controls are very intuitive and it is powered by Unreal Technology, which is used for PSP games.

Pocket God - C'mon, everyone's heard of this game. Have fun tossing helpless pygmies around an island, and see what trouble you can summon.

Fruit Ninja - An amazing and very original game. You just have to try this one.

Pocket Frogs - Collect an incredible amount of frogs in your own terrarium. Breed, raise, and sell your armada of frogs. I sound like an ad.

Netflix - By far the best video watching App for the iPad, that is if you have a Netflix subscription. If not then try the...

ABC Player - Watch all of ABC's latest shows for free.

That's all I have for now App wise. If you don't like any of these, you can just check the Featured tab in the App Store.

But, if you do like these, then download them, and use them until you get bored. When this happens, just open the App Store and select the Genius tab to find Apps similar to those. The Genius tab is a great way to find new Apps you might love!

As for when you ned to charge it etc., you rarely need to turn your iPad off, just locking it will be fine for most situations. Leaving the iPad on, but locked will drain very microscopic amounts of you battery. And I only charge my iPad when it gets down to 20% or less. But even when you get the warning that tells you that you only have 20% battery left, you still have about an hour of juice left.

Most reactions