What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New to ipad Some basic questions

vpcare

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi there! I am new to iPad. Got the iPad2 2 days back. Wondering if it's a great idea to upgrade to ios5.heard some stories and having second thoughts now.want to replace my laptop with iPad. Can I pretty much do all the things with my iPad. Thanks

churpi

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi,
Got my iPad 2 few days back. Upgraded to iOS 5 immediately. Since then I have not noted any problems. In fact I am enjoying iCloud features immensely. I am not sure what are the reported problems with iOS 5. I have upgraded my iphone 3GS also to iOS 5. Till now going is good. Do let me know in case of anything specific.

churpi

iPF Noob
Reaction score
churpi said:
Hi,
Got my iPad 2 few days back. Upgraded to iOS 5 immediately. Since then I have not noted any problems. In fact I am enjoying iCloud features immensely. I am not sure what are the reported problems with iOS 5. I have upgraded my iphone 3GS also to iOS 5. Till now going is good. Do let me know in case of anything specific.

Oh by the way I have actually stopped using laptop considerably. Maybe 80% reduced. I am yet to use the iCloud sync feature. That's one reason I have to still put on the laptop. There are some financial transactions which are not smooth on iPad, hence the need of laptop. I am confident that short trips without laptop would be possible.

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi there and welcome.

There have been some issues with iOS 5 however, Apple have an update coming out shortly so all should be good.....

There is lots of good advice and info on here plus plenty of members all too willing to help with any problems.

Remember, search is your friend.......and please don't forget to read the rules http://www.ipadforums.net/forum-rules-help-info/2119-forum-rules-everybody-please-read.html

These are the hacking section rules for all you jail breakers (and would be jail breakers) http://www.ipadforums.net/ipad-hacking/2892-hacking-section-rules-please-read.html

We also have an app for this forum. The link to download the app is: Discussion Forum for iPad Users for iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad on the iTunes App Store

If you have other Apple products or are interested in other Apple kit then why not join our sister forum too at http://www.appleforums.net/

Finally, if you still haven't had enough, how about a video explaining about our other forums (note:you may want to play this at half speed but hey, why shouldn't Phil be excited about our forums!)

The Archangel

Last edited by a moderator:

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Good to hear from you. You’ll find a whole bunch of iPad enthusiasts in this Forum who are only too willing to help other iPad owners and to hear of their experiences. Don’t be afraid to post any questions you may have or use the ‘Search’ button near the top of the Forum web page. I usually find I discover one new interesting and useful piece of information about my iPad every day - and often not even what I was looking for!!

Hope to hear from you soon with your thoughts about the iPad.

Have fun and enjoy your iPad

If you don’t already have it you can download a copy of the iPad manual for free.

Apple - Support - Manuals

Please read the rules too!!

http://www.ipadforums.net/forum-rules-help-info/2119-forum-rules-everybody-please-read.html

Tim
Scotland

OP
V

vpcare

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks people for the welcome

Oh by the way I have actually stopped using laptop considerably. Maybe 80% reduced. I am yet to use the iCloud sync feature. That's one reason I have to still put on the laptop. There are some financial transactions which are not smooth on iPad, hence the need of laptop. I am confident that short trips without laptop would be possible.

Thanks il be upgrading soon. Btw do you need to download an app for printing too? I use Hp printers.found the user manual useful too.

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
There are many different apps and ways to print from the iPad. It depends on your printer and also if you want to go through your PC or laptop too. There are many threads here on all the different options including one that is currently being discussed right now, doing a search is the best option here and then choose what suits you. Hope this helps!

churpi

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am yet to try out the ring options. Maybe I would do so after reading up the threads. Good idea thanx.

Griffin

churpi

iPF Noob
Reaction score
churpi said:
I am yet to try out the print options. Maybe I would do so after reading up the threads. Good idea thanx.

Griffin

Griffin

OP
V

vpcare

iPF Noob
Reaction score
leelai said:
There are many different apps and ways to print from the iPad. It depends on your printer and also if you want to go through your PC or laptop too. There are many threads here on all the different options including one that is currently being discussed right now, doing a search is the best option here and then choose what suits you. Hope this helps!

Hi thanks. Facing some new issues. Wanted to open something online which requires an adobe flash player. Can't download the flash player as not compatible will apple can I still open that programme with something else. Also can't attach anything on my mails.I use rediff and gmail. Will upgrading to iOS 5 help here
Thanks

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
vpcare said:
Hi thanks. Facing some new issues. Wanted to open something online which requires an adobe flash player. Can't download the flash player as not compatible will apple can I still open that programme with something else. Also can't attach anything on my mails.I use rediff and gmail. Will upgrading to iOS 5 help here
Thanks

Flash is not a topic for discussion as it has been hashed to death here. You will find many many threads about this and most threads will be closed pretty promptly too. It was also announced that Adobe is ceasing any development of flash in mobile devices just last week. Having said that, there is an app Splashtop which will connect your iPad to your PC. You can then view these videos and anything else on your PC from your iPad. It will require a free streamer being downloaded on your PC also, details of this is in the Splashtop app. there is also a free lite version to try out before you buy. There are other 3rd party browsers that will support flash to an extent, Sky Fire, Photon and ISwifter to name a few, these are best viewed through a wifi connection though. Many flash sites have been ported to IOS apps to stream content. I hope this helps. Enjoy!!

Sent from my iPad using iPF

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts